• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Update/news on Zippy - she wont be having another dental

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
Well I don't know if you remember but Zippy is missing one side of her back teeth. So her reamain teeth that are suppose to grind against the missing teeth, keep growing as there is nothing there to keep them trim.

She's been having dentals every six weeks to eight weeks for well over a year and she's been getting worse and worse at recovering from teh GA.

Last night when I picked her up she was still basically under, but they let me take her on the condition if anything goes wrong I take her to the emergency vets.

Anyway, the point to this is, they've managed to remove her teeth that keep having to be trimmed, this means as long as she uses teh good side of her mouth, she'll not need another dental :D . I'm happy beyond believe, because just lately I've been worried she wont keep making the GA's and then she abcess from her teeth over Christmas. With a bit of luck, Zippy can live outher days without being messed with again :D

Oh Tree, this news has brightened my day, I am so delighted for Zippy(and her Mummy too of course :wink: ) :D :D
Arthur Angora needed regular dentals too, until recently when vet said he would be better off without the teeth that needed burring....Arthur is a different rabbit since he had his back teeth removed and he still manages to eat his grub normally :wink: :D

Hi Tree,

Great that Zippy won't need any more dentals. How is she in herself?

Any piccies of the little lady?

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Nicola3 said:
Hi Tree,

Great that Zippy won't need any more dentals. How is she in herself?

Any piccies of the little lady?

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Sh wasn't too good last night, she was very drowsy and slept through bnearly all teh night, but when I checked onher in the night she had woke up to eat her veg and have a drink. She darted under the bed this morning when I woke her up though so is getting better :lol:

Here she is

Pic767.jpg

Adele said:
Oh Tree, this news has brightened my day, I am so delighted for Zippy(and her Mummy too of course :wink: ) :D :D
Arthur Angora needed regular dentals too, until recently when vet said he would be better off without the teeth that needed burring....Arthur is a different rabbit since he had his back teeth removed and he still manages to eat his grub normally :wink: :D

Thats great news Adele :D

Hi Tree,

Thanks for the piccie.

What a gorgeous pudding....she's a beauty. I love white buns. She looks like a big cuddlebun.

It's so stressful when they go in for dentals all the time.

Brilliant that she's eating for herself so soon after the extractions :D

Sending hugs to you and Zippy.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Back