• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

apple branch question

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
i know they can have them (and mine adore them) but when i went to get some yesterday they all had leaves on them so do i need to remove the leaves before the bunnies have them or are leaves safe? if leaves are safe i am assuming i will have to remove the majority so they are introduced properly or would they be ok since the buns are used to apples and apple braches? :? :?:

It was suggested to me when I asked this to do what you said in the first post and limit the amount of leaves. They are all safe though :thumb:

thanks :D i did strip all but 2 or 3 tiny leaves off and gave the branches to the buns (i guessing by the sound of things above me that there isnt much branch left :lol: )

well everyone raves about them on here and willow sticks are just not being touched by thumper or lily so I shall go and have a look! Thanks :)

mine def prefer apple sticks :D the willow sticks i have had for yonks and they are nibbled bu nothing major but the apple sticks are always gone within the day (mine only have twiggy bits but fatter bits will obviously last longer)

cheekytikki said:
thanks :D i did strip all but 2 or 3 tiny leaves off and gave the branches to the buns (i guessing by the sound of things above me that there isnt much branch left :lol: )

I should think that would be fine...that reminds me, mine haven't had any apple branches for months! no wonder they've been looking disgruntled of late.

mumofthumps said:
can you buy these from anywhere? or have you got your own trees :)

I have trees in my garden! i read you are supposed to cut the branches then let them dry out before giving them to rabbits! so I cut branches off quite often and just have a pile of them ready in the garden.

I have given them fresh branches and they have always been fine!

Maybe you should just buy a tree :lol:

If you get them from a tree, you should remove all leaves and let them dry out for at least 2 weeks first, something to do with the sap being bad or poisnus

Gosh.I didn't know that. They've always had the twigs and leaves straight from the treee with no problems.

Back