• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Metal door hay rack or basket?

Rabbers

Mama Doe
Do you find that your buns eat more hay from the metal hay rack on the door or from the natural baskets on the floor??

Thanks!

:wave: my little mates only eat from a willow basket that stands on the floor which i brought from west willows. they did have access to a hay rack as well but never used it. :rabbit2:

My girls eat from one on the door fine, Casper eats it from anywhere and Buttons will only eat certain hay from a box on the floor but only till it's 1/2 empty and leaves the rest till i cave and refill, fussy begger that one :roll:

My lot have hay on the floor anyway but I used to put 'posh' hay in a willow basket, until they ate it!

Now I spread it over their normal hay, they have to work for the good stuff now.

Mine prefer to sit in their hay and eat it, so boxes and litter trays are always a hit. A hay rack (or hanging basket :D ) is always a novelty, and they'll much form it for a while, but then they go back to sitting in it!

Mine didn't seem to like the metal rack so I put it in a basket which they immediately tipped upside down and threw across the hutch, so I've cut out the "midle man" and put it straight on the floor. :lol: I think they just like to browse through it first!! I suppose it's a bit like reading a newspaper while having your breakfast :lol:

Buster eats out of his metal one then, has a wee fit and tears it from the door, normally in a bid to get attention :lol:

Deejee's hay rack is a flat back (1/2) hanging basket on the side of his cage (with a litter tray under it). He eats it from the rack (Almost managed to climb in it once :shock: ) and all the bits that fall into his litter tray he munches on when he's having a rest (it's also his fave place to sleep). :D

Back