• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats the worst thing you've done for your rabbits?

Isabel

Warren Veteran
I have just gone to the local grocer and shamelessly flirted with the boy behind the counter who must have been about 18 to try and get some free greens for the buns...worked though :wink: :lol:

So come on what is the worst thing you've ever done for the benefit of your beloved bun?

Well when I was really skint before, I went on the game to pay my vets bill :D

That was a joke btw

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I would though, if I was skint, thankfully I'm not though :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: OMG, well atleast you are committed.

I'm sure if it got to that stage we could have a bit of an RU wip-round :wink:

Having the buns in the house w/o landlord's permission (they dont know :oops: ) We're moving to own house very soon and will have to do a lot of carpet cleaning and fixing things here.

norah said:
Having the buns in the house w/o landlord's permission (they dont know :oops: ) We're moving to own house very soon and will have to do a lot of carpet cleaning and fixing things here.

I have quarteyly flat inspections, although the LL knows we've got them we still go round fixing everything before hand I must have re wallpapered patches about 5 times! :lol:

Your bunnies are beautiful BTW.

If you look in Morrisons, below the broccoli and cauli, there are usually cauli leaves you can get for free. And if you go really early to your local market you can (apparently, I've never got there early enough :oops: ) pick up carrot tops and trimmings for free too :)

kayjay said:
If you look in Morrisons, below the broccoli and cauli, there are usually cauli leaves you can get for free. And if you go really early to your local market you can (apparently, I've never got there early enough :oops: ) pick up carrot tops and trimmings for free too :)

i quite often get free carrot tops from the market :D never though about asking for other freebies though :D

I have driven my O/H to complete insanity by getting rabbits in the first place! - It's quite funny to watch actually! :D
Not sure if he's coming back now though :shock: :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

i get massive amounts of stuff from the veg stall when i ask
i got a carrier bag full of cauliflower leaves because the middles of them werent good enough to sell but the leaves were fine and also a bag of carrots to which i just chopped off the bad looking bit and the rest was fine
it doesnt hurt to ask atall - if u dont ask u dont get!

i made my boyf drive 200 miles to get Polo and another 105 to get opal - oh thats just in one direction so in total 610 miles...

taken time off work 'cos the buns were either sick or dying and needed to be pts. :cry: fortunately I have understanding colleagues and employers who appreciate that my buns are my family and take into consideration that I give 100% commitment and don't throw sickies etc.

btw.. the time off is unpaid but at least I'm not chastised for it

When Leo was sick last year with stasis he slept on our bed in the middle of us all night and I stayed awake to make sure he was breathing and getting his meds. The next day I was so tired so I phoned in sick at working saying i had a tummy bug!!!

Blamed the traffic when i was late to work becuase i had an emergency vet appointment!

Told my boyfriend I'd sratched the wallpaper with the hoover when Rosie had chewed it!!

But they are worth every little lie I've told!!

Suzanne said:
Told my boyfriend I'd sratched the wallpaper with the hoover when Rosie had chewed it!!
Hahaha wish we could take responsibility for all chewed up things. 'Darling, i just fancied a bit of that table leg and then your PC cable looked so tasty' :lol:

I went into work and told my boss that I needed half an hour off to take Inky to the vets "Or else he will die!". He did have the start of GI Stasis, so this was true.

My boss was so shocked, she just nodded!

Oh, and I've ended meetings with friends and relatvies early so I can go home and feed the rabbits 'on time'!

I also cancelled a dissertation meeting to take Smokey to the vets.

I'm just awful!

norah said:
Suzanne said:
Hahaha wish we could take responsibility for all chewed up things. 'Darling, i just fancied a bit of that table leg and then your PC cable looked so tasty' :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've got permission for 2 rabbits I think but i've actually got 5.

I'm going to have to clean the carpets and paint over bits of wallpaper that have been chewed when I move out of the flat and the bunnies have left a couple of accidental stains on the carpets.

Not too sure how i;m going to go about the big chewed bir of paper, may have to totally re-paper to save my deposit :roll:

lynda_m said:
Not too sure how i;m going to go about the big chewed bir of paper, may have to totally re-paper to save my deposit :roll:

You could always try and patch it. I've got wood chip so it's quite easy to patch a little bit rather than do the whole wall. PLus when I had the damp done thats all the work men did, patch it up, so if it's good enough for them!

Back