• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ggggggrrrrrrrrrr Bloody Cats!!!

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
On Friday me and Ian (vet) whilst checking Eva over found cat fleas on her!! Arrrrggghhhhhhhh!!! nothing else has got them but everything has been treated just in case. Bloody naighborhood cats! Theres only one cat in the vicinity that is brave enough to come into the garden and stalk stuff, our next door naighbors cat warns them all off and if anything gets to close he will chase them out of the garden, he's a very nice cat and has no interest in the buns at all, he's more interested in the humans and the cuddles they give! :lol: The cat brave enough is a ginger tom, and he is very friendly but he does like to stalk to birds and the buns, he doesn't bother the rabbits as they have learnt he can't get to them but he must have got close enough for one of his fleas to get onto eva! Disgusting little things! The vet said because there cat fleas they should disappear in a couple of weeks even without treatment but i did them saturday anyway, only problem is they havn't gone! i just did them with powder as that is what i have always used and with 21 buns it's the cheapest solution and has always worked in the past but i don';t think it has this time, what else can i use??? oh yes and ionly treated them about 6 weeks ago

I'm not an expert but could you try combing their fur with a flea comb to remove them?

If not, Assisi (sp?) grooming lotion is a natural flea killer, I use it with my lot and you can get it from the Bunny Bazaar.

I know what you mean though, my lot got cat fleas a while back, it was a pain (for all of us!).

Hmmm i think flea combing them all would take a good few days lol it might be worth a try on the ones that we have found fleas on!

Our neighbours cats have always got fleas and come and sit next to the bunnies and pass them on :( I even buy frontline to put on their cats because they just dont treat them :shock: But there is one I cant get close enough to put frontline on so fleas is a problem for us too!

I get the advantage stuff from the vet to treat them but only when they have actually got fleas if you know what I mean, I dont treat them routinely like I do with my cat. I use assisi grooming lotion on my buns to try and stop the fleas jumping on them in the first place, but they still do bring in the odd one. Not as much as they did before I started using it though. I had to get a man to come round and treat the whole house a couple of times with his little machine full of chemicals before I started using the assisi stuff.

Back