• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

sun worshippers ?

with the recent warm weather, it got me thinking, do rabbits prefer to be lying in the sun, or hiding in the dark ?

I have a bonded pair sitting in a pen, in the open air...they seem to be happy just sunbathing, although not direct sunlight, they never seem to go into their (smallish) hutches, except when frightened

another one is loose in the garden, but he seems to prefer the shade and undergrowth, although he will lie in the sun next to the pen, he doesn't stay there long

just wondering as I am planning a 2nd pen, but that doesn't get as much direct sunlight

Pepper and Squidgy love the sun, and will lie in it at any opportunity. Odd, as they're both black.
The others like to eat grass in the sun, but lie down in the shade. I think if they have some access to sun/ shade, if they want it.

Back