• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Moucus piccie - Anyone's bun had this? Also, my bun piccies.

willow123

Young Bun
Apologies for the not very nive piccie, but following on from my earlier post, rather than explainging what they looked like, thought someone might have had a bun with droppings like this...... they are all the same.

droppings.jpg

Willow is eating a bit, greens, rocket, alphalpha sticks, a little commercial food, some hay etc, but only in small amounts.

I have booked him in for his teeth doing on Wednesday, although is is not even 6 weeks since the last op as yet, and he has been going around 7-8 weeks between ops, but am taking him in tomorrow with poop samples to get it checked out by the vet. It may not be tooth related, but normally when he reduces his eating, it has been his teeth. I have never seen his poops like this. If it is not tooth related, I can always cancel the op.

If he goes in on Wednesday for his molars doing, as I suspect, I would appreciate lots of good thought please, as the vet was not happy with Willows anaesthetic last time and they had to fibulate and massage him, so I am very stressed and worried about my lovely boy to say the least :(

As I haven't posted piccies, here are by babes..... Willow ginger Gertie 'ASBO' grey!
buns2.jpg

Bonding was a HUGE success, and they seem to totally adore each other now, with Gertie often grooming Will, and they always cuddle together :love:
buns1.jpg

Thanks again in advance,

Liz, Willow and Gertie (who is now hitting that time where she is becoming an ASBO bun!!)

Hi there. Sorry I have no idea but you're right, doesn't look right at all. Maybe he has a tummy bug of some kind, might not be the teeth.

Hope someone can help out soon

Fiona x

Obviously I can only give an unqualified opinion but it looks like the mucus is indicative of some inflammation in the GI tract. If Willow has ongoing Dental problems he may not be eating enough to ensure his stomach always has food in it. This is important for Bunnies and just a few hours of empty guts can lead to GI ulceration.

As I said before, I would take a specimen of Willow's poo to the Vet.

Janex

Take a sample, but also take that photo, just in case you cant get any fresh ones and maybe they look different when they dry slightly, if that makes sense. :?

Back