• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed do you think they are?

emilyarc

Warren Scout
Hi, these are my house rabbits and i was wondering everyones opinions of what type of breed might they be?
Benji is about 4mths lop. What type of lop for his size do you think?
Amber is 4mths.... and up eared?

Just wondering what you all think really!
BenjiL.jpg

BENJI

AmberL.jpg

AMBER

rianne23 said:
is benji a mini french lop and amber a harlequin perhaps
gorgeous buns by the way :D

Thanks! I am curious to think what people think they are!!! As they are rescues there is no secure answer!
Thankyou!

CottonMather said:
i'm going for:
Dwarf lop
&
DutchX with beautiful harli colouring :love:

OOOOOO
Thanks for answering!!
I am going to see what the most popular guesses are then from then on i will know what breeds they are!

The second bun is a tortoiseshell dutch - she could be a cross or just badly marked (as far as dutch markings go).

I can never remember which of the pointed rabbits are which. Breed wise he looks about dwarf lop size but it's hard to tell from pictures. Do you know how much he weighs?

well i was told she is a japanese harlequin but i don't really know myself! she was a rescue bunny that we saved from some idiots so we don't know much about the history of my Tiger-lilly :roll:

Jemma&Theo said:
http://www.animalhousebc.ca/resources/HOLLAND%20LOP-%20BIG%20WHITE.JPG

im so good

but this website says its a holland lop

That picture looks very similar to Benji just without such a grey nose and ears.
I think you may be right!: a holland lop....

Sorry to be confusing I think tortoisehell/harlequin pattern are pretty close to the same thing.

The breed harlequin would have the pattern all over but a dutch rabbit with harlequin/tortoishell pattern would have the dutch rabbit shape/white parts and the the pattern where the colour would normally be.

So Tiger is a harlequin rabbit where as Amber is a dutch rabbit with harlequin colouring.

Back