• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

another baby question

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
The babies are now 16 days old and are doing great, my question is now they are all up and about and trying to feed off of mum during the day sometimes she lets them other times she gets up with them still hanging on, I know im probrably panicking but will they still get enough milk??? Will she still continue to feed them properly at night??? Thanks in advance to any replies.
Sally x

Hiya, yeah they'll be fine. I think they would feed every opportunity they got! But she'll feed them when she feels full of milk, usually still at night. Glad they're all doing well :D x

Thanks fairy I took some more piccies today I will post on photo section later, they are growing so quick one of them is huge lol. :D
Sally x

I used to put my mum's in the run during the day to have a break and she would want to feed them when she got in in the afternoon. That way they weren't hassling her and they learned a little independence as in the wild, mum would be foraging all day and only feed them at dawn or dusk.

I have been letting mum out everyday to run around the garden, and they are all nice and chunky, and they come over to greet me when I open the hutch.
Sally x

Awwwwww mine never used to greet me unless they saw I had food lol! At about three weeks you can pop them out in the run with mum during the day, they'll enjoy seeing the world for the first time.

Back