• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New Hutch/Run and Bunny pics

kayjay

Warren Veteran
The New Hutch:

2007_0416Image0009.jpg

The Bunnies:

2007_0416Image0006.jpg

2007_0416Image0004.jpg

Note the half made piggy runs in the background of picture one :lol:

looks fantastic!!! have ur buns worked out the ladder yet ? :lol:
i think im gunna change mine so the hutch is other way around cas its a nightmare to clean trying to lean over - manageable but a nightmare.

bumble3130 said:
looks fantastic!!! have ur buns worked out the ladder yet ? :lol:
i think im gunna change mine so the hutch is other way around cas its a nightmare to clean trying to lean over - manageable but a nightmare.

No not yet :roll:

The only thing with putting the hutch the way I have is that the roof slopes back towards the run but I'm going to put tarp on that so I didn't think that would matter. It's loads easier to get into it this way

Have you treated yours with anything extra?

no i havent - i didnt get the hh one tho i got the other one which is shiplap. i know the guy treats them b4 sending em out aswell and u could tell deff.

Kayjay, I hate to tell you this, but you've put the front on upside down, the door stop (those pieces of wood under the black plastic things) are meant to be under the plastic things.... to stop fox paws front scratching them open!!!

You can adapt it without taking it apart though.......

Apart form that it looks great! :D

Doncat5 said:
Kayjay, I hate to tell you this, but you've put the front on upside down, the door stop (those pieces of wood under the black plastic things) are meant to be under the plastic things.... to stop fox paws front scratching them open!!!

You can adapt it without taking it apart though.......

Apart form that it looks great! :D

:shock: :shock: Blame the OH he did it :lol:

I'll buy some bolts tomorrow to stop any intruders either animal or human anyway, there's no way we're taking it apart now :lol: Luckily we don't seem to have any foxes around here, we back onto fields and I think there are enough wild bunnies for Mr Fox. Luckily the black things are quite stiff at the moment so hard to get into for me never mind a fox

aaa yes, I see now here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=44229&start=30

Although the instructions were rubbish, the hutch looked nothing like the one delivered and we had a hard time figuring it all out. Think I'll email them and say that, there was absolutely nothing about getting the front on the right way or anything :roll:

I must admit the instructions could have been clearer.... I'm presuming the OH DID put the bedroom divider at the other end too! :lol:

Kayjay, have you put the lock on the roof?? cant see it in the pic.... I heard somewhere (on here) that someones lid blew up in the wind!! :eek:

I sound like a right moaning so and so dont I :lol:

kayjay said:
Doncat5 said:
I must admit the instructions could have been clearer.... I'm presuming the OH DID put the bedroom divider at the other end too! :lol:

I did that bit :D

What's is your divider like? We only put the hutch together today and discovered the divider differs from the picture on their site so I emailed them today sayiing:
"I purchased a 6'x2'x2' hutch/run combo 4-5 months ago and after looking at your site I notice that the partition between sleeping and living area has a medium arch but my hutch has just half a partition with the opening in the front so therefore leaves the bunnnies open to the elements!

and their reply was :
"hi we stoped useing the arch because we had people phoning saying the hole was to0 big or too small so we only supply the one you have now
regards graham

So some thought the arch was too big, surely leaving half the width open is worse!!!

Yeah I've got the rubbishy divider too! I wasnt sure what to do with it either, in fact I wast going to bother ausing it all, as I have a cat carrier as a sleeping place (that they dont use!). I used it though, as I thought it was a good idea to stop them from falling down the hole! I must say the hole in the picture would have been too small for my last bunny so I can kinda see why they changed it, that and the fact its easy to make! :lol:

Back