• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Holiday home

Lynette

Warren Scout
Hello,

Me and OH were talking yesterday as we are thinking of going on holiday in September for two weeks. OH's parents would go over to house everyday but this is going to put them out and isn't going to be much attention for them.

Considering making a hutch which we can put together at his parents which he can stay in for when we are away. Will hopefully have a lovely lady then too :love:

Just wondering what would be a good idea to make and how big it should be. Never really had to consider this as he is inside at the mo. and will be having the garage when we move soon.

The hutch we will make will be for outside and fox proof etc.

Thanks,

Lynette, Kev and Rusty X

Anyone have ideas on what hutch sizes would be ok for couple of weeks for two rabbits? Please :D Don't want to not buy enough materials.

Also if anyone thinks I should just keep them where they are and just get the in laws to pop around then that advice would be good too.

Advice would be much appreciated. :D

I would be worried about moving him from indoors to out doors, I don't think it is something that should be done as a temporary measure,It may be far too cold for him in September to acclimatise.
Sorry I'm not much help, hope someone can answer you soon :)

Hello, Have you got any bunny boarding places near you? It might work out cheaper than making a hutch and also they will know how to look after a rabbit eg if it gets ill...not saying your in-laws wouldn't it's just something to consider I suppose.

I have a bit of a nightmare with my house buns when I go. I've found a great place in Derby which isn't too far away from you. If you want the details PM me.

Sorry I don't know anything about hutches :D

He'll be in the garage by then too so will be used to having no central heating. That's just got me thinking now about when to move him outside to the garage. It tends to be warmer outside at the moment then in my house :oops:

Hello Su by the way :wave:
Thanks for all the support you gave when Rusty was ill.

Hi Isabel,

Don't worry I wasn't going to drop them off with someone who didn't know anything about rabbits. They used to keep rabbits all the time and have an enclosed garden where they could let them out; so i know Rusty would be happy :D and that I can trust them if he gets ill. Hence making a hutch is worth it. :D

Back