• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Injections

mezrie

Warren Scout
I have just booked an appointment with my vets to vaccinate my two rabbits agaisnt myxi and VHD. When booking he didn't mention having them done separately. Should i be worried? Maybe when i'm there i'll just say i want the myxi injections first. x

The manufacturers still advise leaving at least 14 days between vaccinations.

This is taken from the Myxi Vaccine (NOBIVAC) Information Data :

'No information is available on the safety and efficacy of the concurrent use of Nobivac Myxo with any other vaccine. It is therefore recommended that no other vaccines should be administered within 14 days before or after vaccination with Nobivac Myxo.

Do not mix with any other product except the solvent supplied for use with the vaccine. '

Copyright Intervet 2006

Janex

On both occasions, our vet clearly said: two weeks between myxi and vhd. I'm surprised yours didnt...

Ask before letting the vet touch them :wink:

Most vets know about leaving the two week gap even if they don't know the correct way to vaccinate them

thank you for your replies, i shall make sure i ask him about it and will only get the myxi vaccs done for starters. My rabbits are gonna hate me tonight, poor little mites x

MIne had theirs done this mornig, and didn't feel a thing! They're completely back to normal. They get more stressed out about the journey than the injection :D

I have mine booked in for Thursday, which do they have first? Or does it not matter as long as there is a 14 day gap? :)

Went to vets last night and they got their myxi vaccinations, the vet there also explained about the time in between this jab and the VHD jab and some other questions i had too so was a success after all. Rosie and Blue seem to be fine and didn't take to it too badly. Glad thats out of the way and they can relax now their out in their run enjoying the sunshine! x

Back