• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay!!!

fifi0529

Alpha Buck
lily has always been a fussy hay eater :roll: got her the sample pack from hay experts and the only one she touched was oat hay but am skint at moment so can't buy any more. anyway found a bag of excel forage and she loves it. she jumped straight in her litter tray and started munching away. got all excited and called oh over to tell him lily was eating hay and he liiked at me as if i was mad!

but yay, she now likes hay!

fi x

Yay!

Audrey loves forage too, but I was warned on here that it is very high protein compared to normal hay, as its more of a dried grass so might need to watch that.

mandy said:
Yay!

Audrey loves forage too, but I was warned on here that it is very high protein compared to normal hay, as its more of a dried grass so might need to watch that.

thanks for letting me know. what else do you use?

fi x

some people advised me a week or so ago that probably the cheapest way to find oat hay is to go to a pet shop that sells Burns Dog Food and ask them to order in Burns Green Oat Hay. That seems to be the cheapest oat hay - i think some of the websites sell it for ~£3.50.

Hang on I'll try to find the other thread....

i get that devon meadow hay too sometimes - they have it in my pet shop. It does smell nice!

Not sure that my buns go mad on it - we are currently cutting food down to try and get them to eat more.

Rabbers said:
i get that devon meadow hay too sometimes - they have it in my pet shop. It does smell nice!

Not sure that my buns go mad on it - we are currently cutting food down to try and get them to eat more.

:lol: :lol: might just be mine go mad for any type of hay then :oops: even though they have it 24 hours a day if you put in another handful of the hay they already had they will run up to it and eat a load :roll: silly buns :lol:

cheekytikki said:
Rabbers said:

:lol: :lol: might just be mine go mad for any type of hay then :oops: even though they have it 24 hours a day if you put in another handful of the hay they already had they will run up to it and eat a load :roll: silly buns :lol:

Gosh I wish mine would do that!! lol!

you probably have tried this, but have you tried giving hay in different ways? basket, bowl, floor, stuffed tubes, baskets etc

when i bought my buns a new hay rack they ate about 8 handfuls of hay in half a day! :shock: never seen so much poop :lol:

That's what i'm in the process of right now - they used to have it on the floor but of course oncxe you have walked on it, pooped on it etc its just never the same! and I couldn't monitor the amount they were eating.

I now have a metal hay rack on the door, but again I don't see that much eating from it. So I am cutting back food and am also thinking of a natural basket.
DO you think they might eat more from a natural basket?

They also don't play with loo rolls even with hay in!!! :roll:

Rabbers said:
That's what i'm in the process of right now - they used to have it on the floor but of course oncxe you have walked on it, pooped on it etc its just never the same! and I couldn't monitor the amount they were eating.

I now have a metal hay rack on the door, but again I don't see that much eating from it. So I am cutting back food and am also thinking of a natural basket.
DO you think they might eat more from a natural basket?

They also don't play with loo rolls even with hay in!!! :roll:

um mine still eat it if its been on weed on :oops: mine do eat a fair bit out of a basket but the baskets never last long as they get eaten too :roll: i once stuffed one of those huge chubes with hay, that kept them amused :lol:

Back