• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cheapest way of making rabbit runs for the rescue buns?

Nicola3

Mama Doe
Hello,

We have made some new housing for the rescue buns consisting of four wooden playhouses. I now need to get some rabbit runs to fix to each of the playhouses. I need 4 runs, each of which to measure approx 4ft wide by 8ft long by 2ft high. Problem is I'm pretty skint at the mo with all the vets fees I have had recently.

Where can I get some decent mesh or have some runs made that aren't going to be too pricey? I have been looking around for weld mesh but the cheapest I have found it for so far is £200 for the mesh alone.

Any advice, tips appreciated.

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Hi,

My fathe-in-law has just made ny run which measure 8' x 5' x 18" and we got the 19g x 1/2" x 1/2 weld mesh from here http://www.meshdirect.co.uk/Wire-Mesh-13-x-25mm-Holes-1-2-inch-x-1-inch-c-24.html

We used approx 7 or 8 metres for one run, so you could possibly buy a 30 metre roll and a 6mtr roll and then go from there if you need any more....certainly a lot cheaper than £200!

We bought planed timber at 95p per metre for 2 x 2. The whole of the run cost approx £50.00. :D

You two are stars!!!

Thanks v much!!! Will now work out how much I need to buy. I've already bought all the timber I need just have to get the mesh now.

Thanks loads!!!

Hugs,

Nicola and Harvey xxx

Back