• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats wrong with my bun :-(...

Pringle

Warren Veteran
He has been really quiet last couple of days, i know that sounds so weird as rabbits cant talk but normall when i speak to him or anyone does he jumps around and gets so excited, yesterday when i went to let him out he looked like he hadnt really cleaned his head and was really quiet. Later at night he then sat in his run in the corner for ages. I went to put him out just now and he was really jumpy he normally plays up a bit when getting picked up but today was really bad :? he is clean ive checked his ears etc and hes fine, his bums clean etc, he has done a few long poo's as well, could it just be the heat as its been really sunny and hot last few weeks or has he maybe got an upset stomach? although he is eating fine to..or am i just a paranoid mummy :( xx
Any advice would be great thanks xx

By long poos, do you mean poos strung together with hair? If so, his tummy could be a bit sluggish. Try him with some dandelion leaves, and make sure he's eating lots of hay. It sounds like he's ingested fur when he's been grooming himself, so you might want to give him a bit of a brush to help him get rid of the loose fur.
If you're still concerned, or he stops eating/ pooing, take him to the vet to get him checked out.

the other thing you could try is a small amount of pineapple juice, it's supposed to help break down the fur in their tums... only give a little though and as advised by HS lots and lots of hay..

Also, is he eating and drinking ok? Is he laying stretched out a lot or bunched up, this could indicate he has a tummy ache. If he isn't back to normal today then I think I would take a trip to the vets...

HS said:
By long poos, do you mean poos strung together with hair? .

They just look like long poos :? doesnt look lke any hair.

ots and lots of hay..

Also, is he eating and drinking ok? Is he laying stretched out a lot or bunched up, this could indicate he has a tummy ache. If he isn't back to normal today then I think I would take a trip to the vets...

He doesnt really eat hay :? i have him on the grass? he is sitting hunched up in the corner of the run. Might phone vet and see what they say then might take him along :(

What does he eat if he doesn't eat hay? Might not be getting enough fibre in his diet.

He nibbles at it a bit but doesnt really eat it much, i spoke to vet about it and they just said try giving him it and grass which i do :? , hes eating perfect though, just seems a bit off colour

I'm just thinking that maybe he's getting too much of the lovely food he likes so he won't eat hay. My 2 loved stuffing themselves with dried food and veggies, and wouldn't go near hay, till I cut the dried food right down - they now eat stacks of hay. :)

He deosnt get a lot off food, i hardly give him any as he has problems with his teeth so i cut his food right down and he eats the grass fine, just last couple of days he doesnt seem to interested in doing much

Ah I see. I think some people find that oat hay is better tolerated by bunnies with dental problems - others will know more. :?

Maybe his teeth are starting to play him up? But not enough for him to stop eatng completely yet? Hope he feels better soon.

Yea it could be but he is not showin any signs, i have checked his mouth and its dry etc, hes a but chirpier today, might take him to vet if he goes down hill again x

Back