• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opal is being very naughty!! U/D now a good girl :D

oscarbunny

Warren Veteran
I clean my buns' litter trays out everyday, and sweep the stray poos from their run... and then put some megazorb and a bit of hay in. Oscar and Polo are really well litter trained, Oscar more so than Polo, but she is getting the hang of it. They wee in there all the time, but there are odd poos around the tray (shes a clever girl she will learn).

Benji and Opal on the other hand are little vandals! Opal will move the litter tray, and this morning i was woke up to the sound of scratching... so i looked out the window and there she was having a good old dig... megazorb going everywhere, and she was trying to bite the plastic bottom of the tray. Then she thought she would throw herself on her side in the litter tray and roll around in it.

They dont even use their litter tray for the toilet... Opal thinks it is a great digging box. Is there anyway i can encourage her to use it as a toilet instead of a dig box. The Benjamin is no better, although he doesnt dig in it... he poos and wees in the hutch.

The litter trays are in their runs btw.

Naughty Buns! I think its quite funny really.

Put a huge layer of hay on the top. Mine love to sit and munch on thier toilet :shock:
Or send them to Jill's (honeybunny). Salt an Pepper came from there, adn they only ever poo and wee in their litter trays. She must train them very well :D

Polo and Opal are from Jill's! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Polo is a good girl... very well trained... but Opal is naughty and so is the Benjamin... and they think it is fun to wreck their run!! Buns just love to dig...

How many trays do you have? I have two big trays in my hutches and a covered tray in the runs. When they just had one tray in the hutch they didnt always use it but they are really good now they have two :D

They have one tray in their run. Polo and Oscar only poo and wee in the litter tray. I want Benji and Opal to do this but i think more trays are needed. They poo in the right hand side of their hutch so perhaps two corner trays?

Naughty Naughty Buns...!

Benji used to use his litter tray but since he met his girlfriend... he has decided to be naughty as well!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Err yep these 2 girlies came from me... Opal did always like to lay in a litter tray...so try giving her 2..one for digging /laying in and the other for a toilet! :D

honeybunny said:
Err yep these 2 girlies came from me... Opal did always like to lay in a litter tray...so try giving her 2..one for digging /laying in and the other for a toilet! :D

:lol: :lol: Ok Jill, will try that. Its actually really funny to watch! Naughty bunster!! To be fair i wasnt expecting them to come litter trained. But you can tell Polo has used one before :D You always get one rebellious bunster!!

lol i think it runs in the genes. puzzles like to dig aswell - ill hear her trying to dig everywhere :lol:
oh and she wrecked the plastic green tunnel within a matter of hours by biting it - its got little holes in it :lol: harvey never chewed the tunnel and ive never seen him dig. its funny to watch puzzle try and dig in a plastic bin type thing ive got in there aswell. she gets in and all u can hear is scratch scratch scracth. its pretty interesting having buns like that - aswell as messy :lol:

lol i think so! awww ty so are polo and opal. i got a peek at opal when i was picking up puzzle! should have taken me big handbag and could have stuck her and rosie in! :lol: a pretty gene and destructive! i think they are deff DIVAS! lol

bumble3130 said:
lol i think so! awww ty so are polo and opal. i got a peek at opal when i was picking up puzzle! should have taken me big handbag and could have stuck her and rosie in! :lol: a pretty gene and destructive! i think they are deff DIVAS! lol

She's chew her way out :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think they must've been a destructive batch! Aunty Flower used to enjoy a good dig in her litter tray - she liked to see if she could get under it! :lol:
I gave them a digging box with sand in it - and she ignored it :roll:
She doesn't do it anymore though... she mostly likes flopping with her husbun all day :D

He he... :lol: :lol: It is brilliant that our buns are all related. Opal looks just like her Aunty Flower...

I have a new litter tray for the benjamin and Opal... and i have stuck one in their hutch... as they are pooing and weeing in there. They also have one in their run which Opal likes to play in. Ideally i would have liked them to be like Polo and Oscar - using the litter tray in their run... but i cant have it my way all the time... :lol: :lol: :lol: I'll settle for them using the tray in the hutch.

UPDATE - 5 mins after writing the above, she is in digging, megazorb all over the place. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Well she likes her new digging box.
Gonna take a video of her doing it at some point - its so funny.

Update folks....

after putting a litter tray in the hutch and one in the run.... Opal and the benjamin have decided to be really good buns and do all their toilet business in the litter tray in the hutch. They have been so good in fact that there were no stray poos anywhere....

I must have confused Opal.... sorry bun. Anyway they dig in the other litter tray...

Thanks for the above advice

:D

Back