• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh no, Oh no...

Fayeloicia

Warren Scout
Ryan woke me up this morning to tell me Leila had gone :( He had left the lid open on the hutch/run last night, and both rabbits had escaped. He had seen Joey and managed to catch him but no sign of Leila.

In desperation, I had a look out of the fron bedroo windows, and saw Leila on the front garden, even though Ryan had checked out there previously. We think she had been hiding under the car. So it took us ages to catch her, she kept running off. We managed get her back in the back garden and caught her under a bush, so now they're both safe, but we're nt sure what they've eaten. We visibly saw Leila eating a dandelion covered in ant powder, so I need to keep a close eye on both of them for a while.

Need vibes in case they've eaten anything poisonous. They probably have though :(

Brilliant you got them both back. yes agree with Rallybunny, I'd definatley give the vet a call.

Also could you give them some food which would "flush" them out? like pinapple juice or tomatoe juice?

Thank god you found them!

I agree, keep an eye on them and maybe give the vet a call, see what they advise.

I'm so pleased you found them!

Have rang the vets, the receptionist will phone back in a min, she's just checking with the vets. I told her the ingredient that's in it. I hope she's OK.

Vet says at the worst they might have seizures, but there's been no reported deaths from eating ant powder. They phoned a poisons lab as well just to check. They said if she starts going off her food or having fits I'm to take her straight in. It might take another 2 days before she shows any symptoms, so here's hoping she'll be fine.

:shock: congratulations on finding them alive and well, i will keep everything crossed for them to be ok as will all my bunnies!!! :roll:

good vibes being sent to your lovely bunnies :bunny:

Glad they are ok so far. I'd try to get them to eat lots, and drink lots too if poss, to try and dilute whatever is in their system. :?

oh dear :( keeping fingers crossed she is ok..and you'd better double check the hutch is securely shut at night..you were very lucky to find them both unharmed.....

Back