• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My rabbit, bert

Dan W

Young Bun
I have a dwarf lop called Bert who is about 18 months old and i have a couple of questions about how he interacts with me.
When he is somewhere nice, like on the sofa next to me getting stroked, or hopping around on his lead eating grass, he the sometimes makes little grunting noises. Not the kind like when a rabbit is angry, more soft. is this some kind of "i am happy right now" sort of thing?
Also, when you say kiss, he finds the nearest part of you and gives you a little nudge with his nose, sometimes licking as well he has done it since he was a bunny. Why does he do this?

Ohhh i think he loves you, no question about that! and is very content; heard 'happy grunting' before its quite funny but seems that what they do when excited or happy.

he sounds VERY happy... mine sometimes give me a kiss if I make a kissy noise at them (sickly I know) - i think he's just very happy!!!!

Is he neutered cos it sounds to me like he needs to be if he isn't. Is it like a soft honking sort of noise? That means he LURVES you! Seriously, if he isn't neutered you should get him done as it sounds like he is um, mature if you know what i mean!! :roll:

Wizbit said:
Is he neutered cos it sounds to me like he needs to be if he isn't. Is it like a soft honking sort of noise? That means he LURVES you! Seriously, if he isn't neutered you should get him done as it sounds like he is um, mature if you know what i mean!! :roll:
He's not neutered but i know it's not ummmm...... that. I've seen him behave.....ummmmmm........ you know-ly becuase once i held a female rabbit at a friends house and came home smelling of female rabbits and then started to watch TV with Bert next to me! He wouldn't leave me alone! lol

My bun Charlie is a noisy boy - he grunts whilst he's eating and often when he's just hopping around :lol: It's very cute :D

And he's very definitely neutured :wink:

Roxy sometimes makes grunty noisy when she's very relaxed/asleep, she may even be snoring I'm not sure :lol:

Back