• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Potential new rabbit pictures!! (storm and mickey)

philrugbyuk

Young Bun
We went to the RSPCA in Coventry today and they didnt have that many bunneis (which i suppose is a good thing) and we didnt really take to any.

We then made our way down to see Jane in Warwick. What a lovely couple they are with such a fantastic setup!! Bunnies in runs all over the grass, complete with shade, water... quite a happy healthy collection of bunnies. We met all of the rabbits but were particularly taken by a doe called Minnie who was a Rex cross. She was the most perfect bunny ive ever seen. She came right up to us when we came in and was licking away at Amys ears as she held her. Someone kicked her in the mouth as a baby and shes amazingly trusting. Unfortunatly she deserves to live in a house all year round as she has breathing problems and she deserves 100% of someones time to give her all the love she deserves. Unfortunatly we cant offer her that and it would be wrong to take her for our own reasons.

We decided on two bunnies, both single when we arrived and Jane's husband got them together in adjacent runs to see how they got on. Initially they did just fine so the with the partition removed they generally got on well except the male was a little over excited. Jane said she will continue seeing if they will bond during this week.

They are called Mickey and Storm and Amy and I fell in love. I just hope they do too. Here they are enjoying some shade next to one another.

stormandmickey.jpg

Awwww thats brilliant, really hope the bunnies bond and you can take them home soon. If only all new bunny owners were as sensible and caring as you! :D

Wow they are lovely! I have seen Jane's place, it's great!

It's really good to see a new owner doing things the right way, ie finding out about good hutch size and getting buns from a rescue. I'm sure you'll make great bunny parents. Fingers crossed they love each other.

philrugbyuk said:
We went to the RSPCA in Coventry today and they didnt have that many bunneis (which i suppose is a good thing) and we didnt really take to any.

We then made our way down to see Jane in Warwick. What a lovely couple they are with such a fantastic setup!! Bunnies in runs all over the grass, complete with shade, water... quite a happy healthy collection of bunnies. We met all of the rabbits but were particularly taken by a doe called Minnie who was a Rex cross. She was the most perfect bunny ive ever seen. She came right up to us when we came in and was licking away at Amys ears as she held her. Someone kicked her in the mouth as a baby and shes amazingly trusting. Unfortunatly she deserves to live in a house all year round as she has breathing problems and she deserves 100% of someones time to give her all the love she deserves. Unfortunatly we cant offer her that and it would be wrong to take her for our own reasons.

We decided on two bunnies, both single when we arrived and Jane's husband got them together in adjacent runs to see how they got on. Initially they did just fine so the with the partition removed they generally got on well except the male was a little over excited. Jane said she will continue seeing if they will bond during this week.

They are called Mickey and Storm and Amy and I fell in love. I just hope they do too. Here they are enjoying some shade next to one another.

stormandmickey.jpg

Just to let you know that I have just spoken with Jane (I am her bunny foster mum) and she has said what a pleasure it was to meet you both. Jane asked me to tell you that the bunnies are getting on very well, the divider has been taken away and all looks very good.........could be love :love:

What a lovely heartwarming post! The bunsters look gorgeous. Well done for giving two rescues buns a chance of a happy life.

Jane had recieved a call from a lady in Rugby wishing to donate some unwanted things to her rescue and Jane wondered if I could collect them from her as we live in Rugby too. Ive just been round and collected an indoor hutch (the outdoor wont fit in my car assembled), a run, toys, food, hay, a tent, water bottles, carrier you name it... its there. Jane has kindly asked us to keep anything we may need and bring the rest down to her when we collect our bunnies.

I lost my mother suddently last October (much too young) and she always always told me that good things happen if your a good person. I hope shes rewarding us for adopting bunnies from a shelter!

To top that, another friend of mine has just called that they have a rabbit hutch spare (used to house a ferret) which Ill also be taking down to Jane.

Brilliant! Amy and I are elated :)

philrugbyuk said:
Jane had recieved a call from a lady in Rugby wishing to donate some unwanted things to her rescue and Jane wondered if I could collect them from her as we live in Rugby too. Ive just been round and collected an indoor hutch (the outdoor wont fit in my car assembled), a run, toys, food, hay, a tent, water bottles, carrier you name it... its there. Jane has kindly asked us to keep anything we may need and bring the rest down to her when we collect our bunnies.

I lost my mother suddently last October (much too young) and she always always told me that good things happen if your a good person. I hope shes rewarding us for adopting bunnies from a shelter!

To top that, another friend of mine has just called that they have a rabbit hutch spare (used to house a ferret) which Ill also be taking down to Jane.

Brilliant! Amy and I are elated :)

That's fantastic and well done!

Another update on the buns.........they are falling in love!!!, this is looking so good!! :D :D

I just read this and now have tears in my eyes (i'm sad I know!!!!!!!!!!!) Well done both of you for ensuring you are going to give your bunnies the fantastic forever home they deserve.
Well it sounds as though they are bonding well... looking forward to more pics. x

montyflossy said:
I just read this and now have tears in my eyes (i'm sad I know!!!!!!!!!!!)

I have too! :lol: :oops:

What a lovely thread. You've done such a great job at doing all your research beforehand. :)

the scratches i have on my arms and Amy on her chest from our first attempts at holding bunnies are finally going down a bit :lol:

Back