• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sunbathing scares me

Fionabun

Mama Doe
OK, so this might sound a little wierd :lol: :lol:

I like the IDEA of my bunnies basking in the heat/sun but the poses they lie in always remind me SO SO much of the way they lie when they have sore tummies. So I spent much of the day yesterday and again much of the day so far today racing out to them with tasty treats to check they were feeling ok. :shock: :roll:

I think they might have caught and its now their plan!

Fiona x

tell me about it, caramels spent the day flopped out in full sun in a dead bunny pose. I had to go and keep checking on her :shock: I've moved her now or I'm sure she would have been silly enough to just lie there all day and bake! :shock: I really don't know how she can stand it with her coat!!! :shock: :?

Well thank god its not just me!

So when I go back to work tomorrow and people ask "what did you do at the weekend?" I can truly only say "fed my bunnies vegetables and treats by hand" :roll: :oops: :lol: and poked at them to check they were ok

I'm jealous coz mine wont sit still for a min and I'm racing out to make sure they havent dug their way into neighbours garden :lol:

We went to Janes rescue in Warwick today and some were in the sun laying out soaking up some rays while other were in the shade. Bunnies who decided to do either seemed very happy with themselves.

I guess so long as shade is available they are not daft enough to cook!

Bournville likes to lie in the shade when he's outside, but Floss is definitely a sun worshipper! Last year during that heatwave I kept moving the shade cover around the run to ensure they had plenty of shade. What did Floss do?? Yep, followed the sunlight patches and ignored the nice shady parts!! :roll:

Joey is the same, I've put their hutch in the shade so it doesn't get too hot, but he will go and flop in the bits which do get the sun! :roll:

not far from our house is a big island (sponsored by Mr Kipling) where a whole family of wild bunnies live. They were out in the sun today leg stretched out

My rabbit has a little bit of sun in the morning in his run and he just lies in it. When i come close or talk to him, he gets up and puts his paws up on the wire mesh to greet me.

My black boys like to lie face into the sun eyes closed. I've given up poking them to make sure they're ok and just have to accept that despite the dense black coats they are sunworshippers like me!! :D

Back