• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG Think we had a fox last night

Gem

Wise Old Thumper
:? :shock:

Got rudely awoken this morning by my sister, two of the hutches had been knocked over :shock:

Luckily the top one was empty but the middle on had my big old girl in :(

Thankfully she's fine and was running around the enclosure when I got to her but the hutch is destroyed and the run that the hutches fell on are unrepairable :cry:

What I don't understand is that if it was a fox why none of the other hutches were touched, it would have had to walk past five other buns in two hutches :?

Thats weird, maybe the hutches falling over scared the fox? If it is a fox though, he will be back, and even if he can't get in, the fox can scare bunnies badly as you know, is there anyway of securing your garden or putting the bunnies inside a shed or outbuilding to protect them at night?

How heavy was the hutch? I can't imagine a fox being able to nock over any of the ones I've got :? Was it not secured to the run?

We have a fox that visits us every night :? so we keep all the hutches locked. I dont think he would be strong enough to knock one over unless it was small and perched on something unstable though.

Mmmm I must say that sounds suspiciously like its NOT a fox. We'd had foxes living, literally, a few feet away from my old rabbit. I once watched a pair actually standing on the run (no bunny inside) and one slept there for a while. I never worried at all that they could knock the hutch or run over, she was pretty bomb proof and I had 3 locks on the door, so felt she was safe. I would be more worried that it was a person prowling myself. :(

Back