• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bloomin Magpies

debpayne

Young Bun
Can anyone please suggest any deterents for magpies....Since I got my buns I have had about 3 or 4 magpies keep circling the garden and this morning 3 of them were sat on my garden fence and they didn't even fly off when I went out there.

Many thanks
Debbie

I find my 4 cats and 2 dogs are a great deterrent! :lol: Seriously though they are stubborn birds and we bought a fishing catapult to persuade the ones near me to leave! After seeing them trash a bluetits nest and carry the babies off screaming, I cant stand them! I wouldnt hurt them but a well aimed grape is a good deterrent!

I'll have to go and buy some grapes :lol:
I'm convinced they want my bunnies as they're still quite small....would they try to get them do you think...they can't because of the wire on the run but they still worry me...

I've seen a pair of magpies attack a sheep before! :shock: Not a pretty sight, poor thing.

Apparently a good life-like scarecrow should deter them.

We're trying to keep them out of our garden but I think they've already destroyed our robin's nest. I run at them, they don't seem to like that lol, or probably just find it amusing

throw shiny stuff in your neighbours garden :lol: :lol:

seriously though i cant help :oops: but hope you get rid of the pesky things soon

Back