• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

it cant be female its humping the giunea pig...

purplebumble

Warren Veteran
:evil: aaarghhhhhh
a taxi driver yesterday who knows me and my buns from many vet trips..
today asks me if its going to work if he gets his mate to bring around a female bun for his bunny to hump as it wont stop humping the guinea pig!!He said once hes had his way , he will stop wont he? :shock: :shock: :evil:
I asked how old the bunny was and he said a year old..and it had lived with the guinea pig a long time without this happening!
I asked him if he knew that a rabbit penetrating a piggie would cause such severe internal injury it would die, like my nieces piggie did some years back. He said really nah didnt know that..
i asked him if the bunny had been neutered and he said no as if it was something ridiculous!
i said if its a boy youll see his plums and if not its a girl..who needs to be spayed asap because of the uterine cancer risk. talk to a brick wall or what!
He then insisted it couldnt be a girl as it was humping...
oh dear i had to explain about horny bunnies of either sex and the whole hump for dominace thingy before he got me home!
He laughed and said hed better bring a girl and a boy over to cure its humping then..omg i had to grit my teeth and take a very deep breath!
I explained to him about the fact she would have almost a litter a month and she would become very aggressive and would be a hormonal monster and not the loving pet she is now.And her life would be over it,d be a misery of an existence and then she would get given away as a problem rabbit! And hed have to find homes for all those babies..i think that hit home he said i couldnt do that.
If she is a he then he stilll needs to be done as he will be hormonal and horny all the time and stink and spray etc.
he didnt comment and i was at teeth gnashing point by then!!
I asked him if he had a soft toy that the rabbit could have to take its frutration out on instead of the piggie..he said yes. So i told him to seperate them both and to give the bun the toy.after much humping if its a doe she will have a phantom pregnancy and run around pulling out fur and building a nest..then he would know its a girl and could arrange to get her spayed.
He made no comments about the spaying neutering..but did say he would definately give the bun the toy and get the piggie to live apart from the bunny.
cant work miracles i guess but i did try to explain it to him.
i give up..how many folks know nothing like this and yet their buns live to a good age. :shock: :evil: :evil: as if to prove you wrong!
i hope he learnt something but i guess itll go unheeded. :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

oops me debbie..me having probs with my keyboard and my brain!
me edited it and made it more readable! :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol: :wink:

Back