PDA

View Full Version : has anyone ever eaten a pellet?

CottonMather
15-04-2007, 08:58 AM
I dropped one out of the container, after shutting the lid, and being too lazy to re-open the lid and too stingy to waste it - I instinctively ate it :shock:
tasted a bit like grass, much more flavour than hay... but a bit gritty for my liking. It dissolves in the mouth really quickly, and isn't at all crunchy! It's consistency was like those white candy sticks that you used to get as a kid (and pretend they're cigarettes!!!)
Well - there you go... that's what an A&P natural pellet tastes like. Wouldn't recommend it though :?

cheekytikki
15-04-2007, 08:58 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack's-Jane
15-04-2007, 09:01 AM
I prefer SS myself.............. :roll: :lol:

Janex

Inimical Me
15-04-2007, 09:05 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Can't say I have :lol:

fifi0529
15-04-2007, 09:14 AM
:lol: :lol: you're a nutter :lol: :lol:

fi x

Pepsi's People
15-04-2007, 09:16 AM
My friends have eaten dog food, but not rabbit pellets :lol: :lol:

Kirsty xx

Doncat5
15-04-2007, 09:21 AM
I know its wrong..... but I have the irresistable urge to nibble a bit of SS now!!! :o
:lol:

SarahP
15-04-2007, 09:34 AM
This is the funniest thread I have ever seen on here!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I do have to ask though - how do you know what hay tastes like?? :shock:

sarahbarnsley
15-04-2007, 09:36 AM
got to confess me and my mate ate a pellet of SS each and a bit of aunty ems biscuit when we'd overdone it on the wine. they both tasted pretty odd although i had indegestion at the time and they actually seemed to cure it :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

glad to know i'm not the only freak on here :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jack's-Jane
15-04-2007, 09:38 AM
This is the funniest thread I have ever seen on here!! :lol: :lol: :lol: I do have to ask though - how do you know what hay tastes like?? :shock:

I tend to pick bits of hay out of my hair and have a nibble of it whilst I am in the queue at the checkout at Tesco...... :oops: :roll: :lol:

Janex

CottonMather
15-04-2007, 09:43 AM

I tend to pick bits of hay out of my hair and have a nibble of it whilst I am in the queue at the checkout at Tesco...... :oops: :roll: :lol:

Janex

Yeah, I just nibble bits here and there too... bit like a country yokel!!!
and I've eaten plenty of grass in my time ( :shock: nothing funny :? :lol: ) I like the bit in the middle near the root - juicy! :D

Inimical Me
15-04-2007, 09:56 AM
You lot are so random!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

bunnymadhouse
15-04-2007, 10:05 AM
:shock: :shock: :shock:

wonder if theyed help my diet ..... :roll: :roll: ...now thats a thought :wink:

Suzanne
15-04-2007, 10:30 AM
My boyfriend tries all the rabbit treats - I don;t know why, I think he's just weird :lol: . He insisted on buying some egg biscuits for the buns although I disagreed with it (since they should be vegan) i let him to keep the peace. Anyway he ate one and it gave a stomach ache and the need for the toilet :lol: :lol: I threw the biscuits away and told him it served him right :lol: :lol:

smokiemistyozzy
15-04-2007, 10:35 AM
my brother and i used to at cat bisciuts as kids!!!! Goodness knows why!! :lol:

oscarbunny
15-04-2007, 11:10 AM
I dropped one out of the container, after shutting the lid, and being too lazy to re-open the lid and too stingy to waste it - I instinctively ate it :shock:
tasted a bit like grass, much more flavour than hay... but a bit gritty for my liking. It dissolves in the mouth really quickly, and isn't at all crunchy! It's consistency was like those white candy sticks that you used to get as a kid (and pretend they're cigarettes!!!)
Well - there you go... that's what an A&P natural pellet tastes like. Wouldn't recommend it though :?

Im worried about you Faye... but this post has made me laugh so much.

I must confess that when we first got Oscar, he was fed a mix, and i ate one of the green flat peas... well a couple... quite nice.

purplebumble
15-04-2007, 01:19 PM
i always am getting bits of bunny food and hay etc in my mouth complete with bunny fur..its the side effect of giving bertie a huge kiss on his cheeks when hes being cuddly on the floor..
lol jane i have actualy found hay in my hair whilst standing in the checkout at morrisons once with me mum..she was so horifed but i said no buny owner gets away with it for long! :lol:

my niece once ate a bag of catnip dops cos she thought they were sweets and she used to come down and always nick my girls sweets etc when they were kids..it was the only time we got the better of her it was hilarious!
then a few years later my daughter was eating a choc chip muffin and dropped a choccy chip on herlap but what she picked up and ate was a catnip drop left there byher cat a few seconds earlier..she hasnt eaten choch muffins since..over 6 years now!

i confess to sharing my dogs good boy drops one chrstams..i thought they were much nicer than chocolate! :oops: oh and i ate a few bonios in my time..what i had my dog had..what my dog had.with the exception on tinnned foor etc! i had..she was my best friend even tho aged 4 or five i went to get a drink..ihad a bag of maltesers or small box of them for my birthday and i put them on the stool next to me when i came back with my drink she was eating the very last one! :lol:

chloaster
15-04-2007, 03:16 PM
I prefer SS myself.............. :roll: :lol:

Janex

I'm afraid there I have to disagree (although there is the question how can 25 rabbits be wrong?) but I prefer the A&P, I thought it munched better and had a better over all taste than the SS which was more crumbly, was a bit dusty and also stuck in my teeth :?

purplebumble
15-04-2007, 11:24 PM
:shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cannonwoman
15-04-2007, 11:28 PM
Sorry I`m an excell person!!!!! Far more taste.............................

Unfortunately the bunnies no longer have it so i`m detoxing at the mo!!! :oops: :lol: :lol:

Su.x

Katie
15-04-2007, 11:30 PM
Sadly I never have, although I might indulge!! Although I know someone who does (a bloke would you believe it!) who tests them IN THE SHOP to make sure they're a good enough batch for his rabbits :lol: :lol: I think he's even turned down a bag cos they didnt taste good enough!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Azraelm
16-04-2007, 12:49 AM
I've tried a and p and SS and didn't like either too much :? Ages ago I used to give previous bunns those yoghurt drops and they were quite tasty :thumb:

gizmo
16-04-2007, 12:52 AM
lets see, iv tryed rabbit food, gunia pig food, ferret food, dog treats and thoughs small pet milk drops. :oops:

sillyrabbit
16-04-2007, 05:24 AM

Janex

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have never tried rabbit pellets but my sister tried my cats dry food once after too many glasses of wine :lol:

buddabun
16-04-2007, 06:42 AM
i tried dog food when i was about 11 as it smelled like it MIGHT taste good. it didnt.

haven'tr tried their pellets but i've tried alfalfa, the dried fruits (papaya, blueberries, cranberries, apricots and raisins), the choc drops, yoghurt drops, those little apple things in a cripy baked treat with the gooey centre (can't remember the name - maybe raviolos?). those excel sticks with mint/dandelion/nettle in them - mint is goood.

omg i'm worried now. but all their treats lok tasty and natural!

Inimical Me
16-04-2007, 06:51 AM
Excel does smell tastier than SS I must admit... :lol:

Vix
16-04-2007, 06:55 AM
ive tried a n p and readigrass :oops: smells a lot nicer than it tastes! :lol:

oscarbunny
16-04-2007, 08:01 AM
omg we are all weird

Dasonix
16-04-2007, 08:10 AM
LOL, this thread made me LOL

When we went on the factory tour of Supreme I tasted one of the pellets from the machine and they all thought I was mad. :)

But we do taste all the pellets, SS chin is quite nice, otherwise I prefer the PF4P ones

missblondebunny
16-04-2007, 10:06 AM
ive tried excel - and would highly recommend it :wink: i also tried hay when i was younger to see what all the fuss was over - i didnt take to it much but all bunnies love it :lol:

Dan W
16-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Those all-in-one pellets smell irresistible but i have never actually tasted one. Now i know other people do, I will when i feed my rabbit tomorrow morning. I don't actually feed my rabbit pellets, he hates them so i am forced to feed mixed which i know is bad :( .

raven_guest
16-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Every new food I give the buns I try, I also forced myself to try some califig when I had to give it to Gorgeous (it's for humans) gross gross gross. The vte is always worried when I say I've tried things.
I also won't give my buns veg etc that's in a condition that I wouldn't eat it, i.e my mum will say 'this carrots looking a bit old, I'll give it to the buns.' hell no you wont! lol. My parents say my buns are spoiled but oh well. I don't intend to have kids so the buns have to put up with it.

Inimical Me
16-04-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't give them veg I wouldn't eat either.

My housemate was laughing at the sink full of dandelions I had to wash before feeding to the buns yesterday! :lol: :lol: .