• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

metal hay racks - positioned high or low?

Rabbers

Mama Doe
I have always had my hay rack low on the door of my cage, but am wondering whether it would be easier for it to be high so the rabbits pull the hay out from the bottom?

Where do you have yours?

I've often wondered this too :)

We tried both positions, but I now have Rosie's low, as she seems to prefer taking hay off the top.

mine is low, they prefer to get in it and eat (although duchess does also dig hay out of the side :shock: :? :roll:

I have the hay racks high, but they have treat hay (such as herbage/forage or a sprinkle of dried herbs) in them... they are hung above a box of regular hay for the buns to sit in.

Ben's mum said:
Am I the only one who puts it on the outside (so the bun pulls it in through the bars)?

Nope I do too and I have them low down which also helps stop the buns trying to stand on each other to reach it :roll:

Back