• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cooling systems??

Dobbin

Mama Doe
What do people use in their rabbits enclosures? As most people know my two have the run of a shed and attached run and it was getting quite warm in there today - obviously it is just going to get hotter now so does anyone have any suggestions pls? I will do the frozen bottles and tiles and cold water but any other suggestions please?

Thank you

Sue
xx

I was wondering about this too, I plan to keep some concrete slabs in the fridge and some in their room, and swap them over every few hours.

im going to get a large granite work top saver that stays cool to the touch, i also thought about maybe getting a fan with a bowl of ice in font of it, and the frozen bottles. if it gets very very hot though i will be putting up reflective material at the windows for the hottest part of the day to try and prevent some heat

Insulate the shed which will help keep it warm in the winter and cooler in the summer. In your shed do you still have the windows or have you replaced them with mesh? You can make perspex covers to go over these in the winter to keep the bad weather out. Some people I know have fitted vents in the tops of the shed to help the air flow.

Back