• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Corner Litter tray

kaskaskia

Alpha Buck
Ok, so I bought a high-backed corner liter tray for buns run, to replace the old rectangular cat one, and they keep moving it!!!!!! So pee goes everywhere... nightmare to clean.

Any tips anyone? Do your buns shift their litter trays around? I used to anchor the old one with a small rock but this ones not big enough really......

I did consider using velcro on sides, but on closer inspection theres a rim around the top of the tray, so that wouldnt work as the sides of the tray wont actually touch the run walls.....

:? :? :? :? :?

i have NO idea... maybe some glue on the bottom of it but that would be qwuite permanent... mine don't move the tray but they do sit in it with their butts poking out and pee on the floor. they think they're being good by being IN the tray when they're peeing but no, mummy still has to get the kitchen roll!

i think some one drilled little holes in the back of their corner tray and cable tied it to some metal loop things they attached to the hutch.

my 2 push their tray all over the place :roll: normally to get a little teeny bit of hay that has been knocked over the edge :lol:

I feel your pain :lol: Dillon has just developed this habit from no-where! I've since discovered that he's extremely house proud and this is his way of saying "oy mum, there's too much poop in my tray" There are little hooks on the corner of the tray and i've managed to wedge it on the side of the hutch so he can't tip it up everywhere.

Skye always moves hers to the middle of her house, even though it is one of the big square corner tray ones. It gets quite heavy, she's a strong wee bunny! I come home and she has it sitting on her food dishes or else she uses it to barricade herself into her wee log cabin.

Mind you she still uses it wherever it is in her house, I can't complain.

I think the idea of drilling wee holes in it and using cable ties to attach it to the cage would be the best idea.

Mine all throw the corner trays around but they leave the cat litter trays alone :D I have quite big trays though and the sides are high enough that they dont pee all over the side of the hutch :lol:

Mine have a corner one and a rectangular one each every day - i have to wedge them in between the wall and their hay house otherwise they throw the triangular one around. the rectangular one they dont seem to touch!!

So my solution iswedge it in!!! lol :lol: :lol:

Sue
xx

Mine have both rectangular cat litter trays and one of the high sided corner trays. They don't bother moving the cat trays but the corner one is always thrown all over the place for some reason, so today my OH has fastened it to the sides with a couple of closed in hooks and they have gone mad because they can't move it, so have just ragged everything out of it instead, :no: naughty bunnies :lol:

Back