• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Outdoor Rabbit Run

The Fennel Fold from P@H is good, but is too small on it's own. I have two together so it's about 6/7ft long. I think it was £54.99 for one. It's a good height.

Gem81 said:
The Fennel Fold from P@H is good, but is too small on it's own. I have two together so it's about 6/7ft long. I think it was £54.99 for one. It's a good height.

Oooh Emmas Buns escaped from that one!!! :shock:

How did they manage that? It seems pretty secure and is quite heavy with two together :)

The best ones are the home made ones IMO, my dad built one for me and its a great size and very secure. :D Only problem is it's not that high - it's plenty high enough for the rabbits, but not me :oops: :lol:

Though when I was putting them in their house this evening I put Pebble in first...next thing I turn around and Ebony is behind me! :shock: She jumped out (I left the top off :oops: )

Have you got a relative that could make you one, or a carpenter of anything like that nearby?

Gem81 said:
How did they manage that? It seems pretty secure and is quite heavy with two together :)

The back panel fell off! :shock: Had attached it to the hutch with screws so it was secure that end. Went down one morning and I had 2 buns in the garden and the back panel that you can take off and just have the frame had fallen off! Stupid flimsy P@H latches. Screwed on now though.

Apart from that I'm quite pleased with it :D Should just come with a few more screws :roll:

I have a fantastic run I bought from Sue formerly Bracknell Rabbit Rescue. Its 8' by 5' and 3' high, with thick mesh. Sue, who now runs a sanctuary in Gloucester has started making them again and the proceeds will be split between the sanctuary and Alice's rescue. If you are thinking of purchasing a run, it would be great that rescues benefit and you definitely get a superior run for your money.

www.deanforestrabbithaven.net

I bought the larger run and I think the one in the photo could be the smaller one, but it gives you an indication of its quality. It folds for transportation.

xEMMAx said:
Gem81 said:

The back panel fell off! :shock: Had attached it to the hutch with screws so it was secure that end. Went down one morning and I had 2 buns in the garden and the back panel that you can take off and just have the frame had fallen off! Stupid flimsy P@H latches. Screwed on now though.

Apart from that I'm quite pleased with it :D Should just come with a few more screws :roll:

I was worried about the removable panels, I changed those latches to bolts! They're very flimsy! Think my buns are gonna chew out of it soon anyway!!

raine said:
I have a fantastic run I bought from Sue formerly Bracknell Rabbit Rescue. Its 8' by 5' and 3' high, with thick mesh. Sue, who now runs a sanctuary in Gloucester has started making them again and the proceeds will be split between the sanctuary and Alice's rescue. If you are thinking of purchasing a run, it would be great that rescues benefit and you definitely get a superior run for your money.

I saw the ones they make when I collected two rescue buns for my friend and they were great :thumb:

Back