• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I just got shouted at!

sillyrabbit

Wise Old Thumper
I was just driving back from the vets and a toddler ran out from behind a wall right into the middle of the road and I stopped really quickly, then the kids mum stood right in from of my car screaming at me :cry: Like its my fault her kid got into the road :? Its not like I was speeding or anything either I was going slower than the speed limit in that road because I had Trip and Scarlett in the car. Im really upset and I feel all shakey and faint now :(

Awww don,t let it upset you.The silly woman was probably in shock.
You should have told her to :censored: off and to watch her kid properly in future.

I am sure the Mum's reaction was a reflex one as she was probably frightened too. I bet the child got an ear bending about running into the road.

Hope you feel a bit calmer now

Janex

I do feel a bit better now thanks guys :D I know she was probably reacting out of shock. I drove all the way home at like 10mph after that :oops:

Yes but what idiot would blame an innocent driver for nearly knocking their child over who ran into a ROAD because a front door or side gate was probably not shut properly. It was an accident and noones fault. I would shout at my kid!!!
Im sorry, she had no right to shout at you, shocked and scared or not. I would have shouted back :oops:

I was quite shocked too so I didnt shout back I just said well he ran out really fast and I stopped as quick as I could but she was just yelling and then she was like if there is a scratch on him :? Yeah he was pretty close to my car but I definetly didnt hit him or anything

Its her fault for letting him run out into the road. guess she is one of tose people who thinks its everyone else's fault but hers when things happen :roll:

hope you ok hun.

fi x

My parents would have kicked my butt if I'd done that at that age. She should thank god it was you behind the wheel and not some boy racer

Oh Becky this is definantly NOT your fault!!!! Please don't worry, although I know you must feel horrible, i would too.
But honestly - the woman and kid were both VERY lucky that it was you coming along at a sensible speed, because goodness knows what could have happened if a faster driver came.......

xxx

you poor thing, have a sweet drink and chill out for a bit. shocks like that can shake you up something rotten. and I agree, she was probably just shouting out of shock/fear/relief that her kid wasnt hit.

Well done you for stopping so quick as well!

Back