• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Ned- Piccie Added-U/D Sunday 15th April

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Ned is my Rex who is in Heart Failure :cry: Cleary his meds are no longer working well enough and this morning Ned collapsed again :cry:
He has had all relevent emergency treatment as instructed by Tim (Vet). The next hour will be critical if Ned is to make it. He is being comforted by his friend Bernie who is of more help to him than me. He just associates me with injections now.... :cry: :cry:

My poor Ned :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane, poor Ned, sending loads and loads of vibes to him and big (((HUGS))) to you

Thanks everyone. Ned is more comfortable now and is no longer mouth-breathing. He will have to have an injection of diuretic every 6 hours now, (he was having one every 12 hours) He is also to stay on his anti-hypertensive meds and Baytril has been added too to address any secondary infection. I am seein Tim on Monday with Eddie (who may need a Dental less than 3 weeks after his last one :? ) and so I wil talk with Tim about Ned then. Transporting Ned would probably end his life :cry: and so Tim is happy for me to treat Ned after discussing his condition.
I doubt Ned has many days left with us but I want whatever time he does have to be as stress free as possible. He is not a Bun to tolerate intensive nursing care and I am going to have to see if having to have 4 injections a day means his quality of life is too poor to keep him going

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Janex

Oh Jane! I`m so sorry Ned isn`t so good. :cry:
Sending buckets loads of vibes his way & big supportive hugs to you.............

Thinking of you both,
Su.x

Back