• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

i'm scared for Holly

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
when she gets spayed, what if something goes wrong? what if she doesn't wake up? and what if she starves herself or doesn't drink whilst i'm at school??

I was thinking the same about my little bun Angel.She is only about 3 months at the moment but the thought of having her spayed scares me to death :(
I really do want to get her a boyfriend,i have my eye on a little chap who has been looking for a home for 14 months.
Can the vet not keep Holly in over night to make sure she is eating and drinking before she comes home?
I am sure all will be well.We have to think positive :D

I've been through these questions the last days. But I had to get Brandy spayed. She brought too much trouble to the group, and she herself suffered from her hormones.

Ensure your vet knows how to do his/her job, keep an eye on your Bun after the operation, and ask someone to check on her while you are not at home.

Becca said:
Can the vet not keep Holly in over night to make sure she is eating and drinking before she comes home?

Rabbits will recover far quicker in their own home surroundings than in a strange envioroment with strange people about. Only a few rabbits will take a while to restart eating and usually they will start to nibble overnight leaving the odd poop for you.

i was talking to the vets today and i feel alot more comfortable about it now, roll on Saturday :) he told me to take her fave cuddly toy and her pellets and water dish :)

cavysrock said:
i was talking to the vets today and i feel alot more comfortable about it now, roll on Saturday :) he told me to take her fave cuddly toy and her pellets and water dish :)

Aww are you sticking with ur old vet now Beth? Good Luck Holly!! :) Xx

Back