• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cattle market...

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
my mum's colluege just bought 5 rabbits from a cattle market for £2 :( they are solde there for people to hunt for fun :cry: they are lovely bunnies, angoras, rexes, black and tans, chinchilla you name it they are there for sale at £2 for people to buy and shoot :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry: :evil: :evil: :evil:

People :censored: astound me!

"Sport", to make someone feel big and macho about themselves, involving shooting a defenseless animal that they themselves have put there specifically to kill.

Why? :cry: :cry: :cry:

There's an auction market in Clitheroe which is the same apparently - I've not been, my car wouldn't be big enough for all the buns and guineas I'd have to bring home :(

raven_guest said:
Can't the rscpa do something about it? That's disgusting

i doubt it, that woman goes everytime it's on and gets as many bunnies as she can, good on her :) i might have to go and steal a rex :love: farmers buyy them aswell, whyw oudl they want them?

:evil: Oh my gosh, I have to say I'm quite shocked that they are still allowed to do that.

okay, i have a confession: I was angry and was thinking of reasons why farmers would want to buy them, my mum's friend said they buy them for their dogs or too shoot them, so I don't know if that's true :oops: but it probably does happen! and it's horrible jow cheap they are!

Gemma's been to the Clitheroe one and she said it's heart wrenching. Selling buns and pigs for just 50 pence :x

I did hear of someone locally who has a guineapig herd and goes there to rescue them.

Maybe this is where all the unwanted breeder and unsold petshops buns end up :? :cry:

Oh crikey, I wish I hadnt read this, I get an unbelievable urge to take a trip there and save some! :cry:

There are so many evil people in this world, but the rabbits deserve life much more than the buying/selling em. :evil: :evil:

OMG!

Ive just read this and Im nearly crying. what evil :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Oh its only a rabbit..Here Rover dinner censored:

Oh no...I used to live fairly close to Clitheroe, glad I didn't know about it or I'd be filling the car up with bunnies. Without kicking off the whole fox hunting debate, this amounts to the same thing so why not ban all "sports" of this kind. It just seems too cruel for words... :(

kayjay said:
Maybe this is where all the unwanted breeder and unsold petshops buns end up :? :cry:

OMG. This is so sad and that last post by Kayjay just made me want to cry.
If only i had space and money for more buns (and pigs) i would. I just wish people would stop breeding.

I know Cheryl has been to one local to us and has ended up saving so many bunnies and guinea pigs.... i remember her posting about it on here a while back. Its so sad that they still happen :(

Back