• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Misa's Eye

raven_guest

Mama Doe
Argh! Why are my buns only ill when I have no money!!!! Thank god for the bf.
Last night I noticed Misa wasn't opening her left eye, it's wet and completely closed. She doesn't seem bothered by it, is perky and eating and she let me clean it for her. I have a vet's appointment today but was wondering if any of you might have any ideas just in case the vet draws a blank.
I know her teeth are fine so it can't be that.
This morning the area around the eye looks red and under it is soaked, I thought a blocked tear duct but every bun that's had that has still opened their eye.

Fifi was like that and had a grass seed from the hay stuck in her eye :shock: Hope Misa's eye is ok and whatever it is is washed out ok

When Smudge had a sore eye, the vet out a piece of hay from up inside her eyelid!!

Sending vibes for Misa.

My buns always get ill when I've got no money aswell!!

Nicola

Oops I was so busy typing on here earlier I nearly missed the appointment! She's fine, she's scratched her eyes and has an ulcer, I have drops for it and she's being a complete star and having them put in. Problem is the vet used a green dye on her eyes and she looks really scary now lol

Back