• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

nibbleable trees...

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Which sticks of the following trees do bunnies like to nibble?:

Nectarine
Peach
Fig
Walnut
Greengage
Plum
Pear
Apricot
Cherry
Quince
Apple

I'm going to my mum's house in the S.France in May, and wanted to grab as many sticks as I can haul back here to take to the Honeybunny's open day to go on a stall (if Jill doesn't mind... goes without saying; all proceeds go to them)... The above is a list of trees that they have on their land, they are all completely untreated, as their house is surrounded by organic farmland - so will be very safe! Also, which sticks are best, dead or alive? and do they need to be dried before giving them to buns?

I've just got lots of fresh (live!) apple sticks from my sisters garden and Asta loves them. She bite of little chunks, leaving them on the floor, then when she has a little pile, she eats them all. Then starts making little chunks again .... hours of fun (and she leaves the table legs alone!)

just been looking on there :D

so far, No to:
Plum, Apricot and Cherry

Yes to:
Apple, Pear & Raspberry

what about quince, fig, greengage, walnut, peach and nectarine? :?
I would've thought quince would be ok, but not sure about peach and nectarine, as they are similar to apricot and plum... and I don't really know what greengage is :lol:

definite no to peach as well, i think its any fruit with a stone in the middle basically thats not good to give to buns :wink:

Ok, so I'll fill my bags with Apple, Pear and Raspberry twigs... :D
I'm still curious about Quince though :?
My mission today is to find out! :lol:

Back