Walnut
Greengage
Plum
Pear
Apricot
Cherry
Quince
Apple

I'm going to my mum's house in the S.France in May, and wanted to grab as many sticks as I can haul back here to take to the Honeybunny's open day to go on a stall (if Jill doesn't mind... goes without saying; all proceeds go to them)... The above is a list of trees that they have on their land, they are all completely untreated, as their house is surrounded by organic farmland - so will be very safe! Also, which sticks are best, dead or alive? and do they need to be dried before giving them to buns?

LizJ
13-04-2007, 06:22 AM
I've just got lots of fresh (live!) apple sticks from my sisters garden and Asta loves them. She bite of little chunks, leaving them on the floor, then when she has a little pile, she eats them all. Then starts making little chunks again .... hours of fun (and she leaves the table legs alone!)

Vix
13-04-2007, 06:49 AM
pretty sure they cant have plum :?

xSarahx
13-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Aren't cherry trees poisonous?

I know mine love apple tree branches.

CottonMather
13-04-2007, 06:52 AM
Ok... I'll add - I especially want to know which ones are dangerous!!! :lol:
thanks guys :thumb:

bunnyhuggger
13-04-2007, 09:43 AM
There's a list on here: http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/viewtopic.php?t=132 :D

CottonMather
13-04-2007, 09:52 AM
just been looking on there :D

so far, No to:
Plum, Apricot and Cherry

Yes to:
Apple, Pear & Raspberry

what about quince, fig, greengage, walnut, peach and nectarine? :?
I would've thought quince would be ok, but not sure about peach and nectarine, as they are similar to apricot and plum... and I don't really know what greengage is :lol:

bunnyhuggger
13-04-2007, 10:35 AM
greengage is plum I think :?

Vix
13-04-2007, 11:22 AM
definite no to peach as well, i think its any fruit with a stone in the middle basically thats not good to give to buns :wink:

CottonMather
13-04-2007, 07:47 PM
Ok, so I'll fill my bags with Apple, Pear and Raspberry twigs... :D
I'm still curious about Quince though :?
My mission today is to find out! :lol: