• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

what to do with my garden for the buns

Phill

Wise Old Thumper
Ok guys this is my garden

phillsgarden.jpg

We rent our house and i don't think the landlord is going to be to happy about me erecting a 21ft x 9ft shed. I also don't think it will be the easiest solution when we move house but it may well be.

I want to get all the buns into new accomodation or at least half of them and esp the bigger groups they need much bigger housing than they currently have. I have several options, Shed, Enclosure built with avairy panels, or new hutch/run combos. i can't decide what to do at all! The shed is going to be very costly as is the enclosure as i will have to buy the materials to build pens inside new hutches and put a very large patio onto my rented lawn. i didn't really want to go with hutches though as there is nothing large enough for some of mine out there! The only other option is to buy 8 6x4 sheds but again i dunno if i like this idea, it would look neat and tidy but not idea when it comes to taking them down and moving them! Im totoally stuck with this whole thing and really don't know what to do, but at least 50% of the current accomodation is going to have to go by August as it will not last another winter! HELP

What groups/pairs do you have Phill? Might make it easier to imagine the setups if you list them

1 group of 3 - 2 giants and a small bun
1 group of 4 all medium size
1 group of 3 2 small 1 medium bun
5 pairs - 2 small pairs 2 meduim sized pairs and one pair with one big bun and one small bun

for the 5 pairs, I'd get 5 6x2x2 hutch + run combos off ebay...
for the larger buns, it'd have to be sheds with runs attatched... :D
that'll still add up to quite a lot of money though! :?
Sheds should be easy enough to dismantle and take with you when you move...
If you order these kind of things off the company directly, you may be able to get a discount for ordering so many, eg. ask the hutch people for 5 combos, and say your budget is £475... then haggle etc.

edit - your group of 3 (2small, 1 med.) should be fine in a hutch, so that'd be 6 hutches and 2 sheds + runs...

Thank you that was what i was thinking of doing, it still means i will be cleaning in the rain though LMAO! I suppose i could erect some kind of weatherproof gazebo style thing though hmmmmmm i will have to check on prices for everything!

Ok i have checked the online price on Happyhutch and a 6x2x2 with run will be £144 so times 6 £864.00 for that little lot, ok thats not bad i could do with it being a little less about £500 - £600 and then im left with £300 to sort out to two big groups and £100 - £200 for toys and accsesorys!

I emailed this man, Tom...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Giant-6-x-2-R...ryZ63513QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

he was really helpful, and sold me the hutch for £110, without having to bid on ebay etc. because I bought an additional run with it (£45), plus I only paid £6.95 p&p for the lot - so it is worth asking the sellers directly to see if they'd do you a deal... ask for 6 hutch+run combos (the 6x2x2 ones) for £600, and see what he says... or if you prefer the happy hutch ones, ask them directly too, and compare prices :thumb:
I'm getting mine delivered today - so I'll let you know what it's like to assemble!!! :lol:

the main difference between these and the HH is that these are made of shiplap, and HH is ply, but the HH run is 4 inches taller - so you have to decide which compromise suits you best!!! :D

Hmmm i don't know that would want to compromise on the run height, i will have to get all the specks and have a think, thank you xx

ooh Phill, its so exciting planning what to do. I think the option of hutch run combos will be the best really, and at least they will be easy to move, as in a rented house you need to think about that. Good luck with it all :wink:

Back