• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

using ramps

how long did it take all your buns to work out how to use ramps in their hutches ?
mine cant seem to work out they can go down ...and when ive moved them down by picking them up and putting run section - they cant work out they can go up :lol:

some have taken seconds, others days :shock: :lol: they all got there in the end though :wink:

My pigs have one in their new hutch.When we first got it it took Misty 2 days to get the hang of it,and Pearl 4 days.Then they used it a bit.They it never went down do they didn't use it(the run went all yucky.)Then a few days ago i moved the whole thing to a different spot,nicer grass ect.And put down the ramp.This time it took Misty 3 days but Pearl 5 1/2.Now they use it none stop as if they have being using it all their life,although Misty is better at it!Pearl some how falls off around half way,shes ok although the first time i was really worried!She falls,pickes herself up and goes to find a nice patch of grass! :lol: They are very good at it now!

Ax

mine took a few days to get the hang of it :lol: :lol:
I eventually covered the ramp with hay and put treats all the way up.They were soon running up and down :D

Basil sisn't use his for weeks put i accidently dropped his bowl of peelets down it and ran down like a shot :roll:

When i put Ruby and Squiggle in a double storey hucth squiggle was running up and down in seconds Ruby however took a couple of days even then it was a slow start :roll:

Lottie took about 3 weeks but her mate Louis took about 30 minutes :roll: Hettie my foster bun has taken errm nearly 2 months :shock: Its only this week she has ventured up into the hutch. She has free range of a shed/run with hutch always open. :D

ive tried a trial of dandelions but they still sat where i left them! :lol:
oh well will just have to give them time i guess

Back