• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my RABBIT ROOM!!!!!

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
yay!! it is now 99% done! just got little things like fixing the hay rack to the wall and putting up a hook to hang the broom up etc :D i am so pleased with it, it took us approx 9 hours yesterday to shift the pre sorted stuff, rip up the carpet, hardboard the floor, vinyl the floor and fill it with the bunny stuff (which is why i wasnt on much yesterday). the rabbits had to be in their cage all day and then in their carrier for about an hour whilst things were moved about, duchess was not overly happy at this situation and stamped everyone who went past her except my sisters OH because everytime he went past he gave them a little treat :lol:

anyway here it finally is (sorry there are no before pics of the actual room)

view from the door

rabbitroom004.jpg

the cleaning corner (duchess worked out in a second that she could just about squeeze behind the bins :roll: )

rabbitroom005.jpg

their cage with litter tray and bed

rabbitroom006.jpg

their play area (the ramp is attached to the cage and wedged in the sandbox to create a secure lookout point if they wish to sit up there)

rabbitroom007.jpg

the growing area with spinach, parsley, mint, basil, rocket, tomatoes, carrots, radishes and nastertiums hopefully growing)

rabbitroom008.jpg

teegra having a bad hair day :lol:

rabbitroom010.jpg

and of course the duchess eating her brekkie

rabbitroom011.jpg

hope everyone likes it :D

p.s. the room is approx 7ft x 7 1/2ft and they are free in there 24 hours a day :D plus they will free range the landing during the day :D

Oh wow thats great!I wish i could have a room like that for my piggies(maybe a little lower :wink: :lol: )It looks really fun and safe. You've done a great job!

Ax

Wow what a lot of hard work! It looks great. I bet you'll get a better nights sleep now too :lol:

Great job - they're 2 very lucky buns :D

We've been teasing Kirsty's brother, Andrew, about what might happen to his bedroom when he goes off to university :lol:

Mike

thanks everyone :D

the hay rack is now up and putting up the fly screen this afternoon (although the velcro hasnt stuck properly so having to use glue :roll:

the bunsters do seem to like it and duchess had a little binky last night :love: it was funny last night because all you could hear was mad dashing and major toy playing :lol: scarily though they have eaten 3/4 of a bin of hay in a couple couple of days :shock: :shock: :shock: i have just ordered about 4.5kg of various hays though :D

i love it, just sitting in there s lovely and it is so maintenance free too just a quick sweep and it looks completely clean :D

i think they like it, duchess tears around it like she has been there her whole life teegs is a little scared i think though but came straight out of his cage to have a cuddle and then sat in the hayrack :roll: :lol:

Inimical Me said:
That looks amazing! I'm so jealous!

You must spend a fortune on bunny toys, they have everything! :D

:lol: :lol: i was actually quite shocked when i saw just how many toys they had :shock: :shock: so what do i do? go on hay experts and buy some more :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: i do have rather spoilt bunsters though :oops: :lol: 8)

Back