• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Weepy eye

Fayeloicia

Warren Scout
Joey's developed a weepy eye since last night, it looks sore and red, and the fur around hs eye is damp. I've put some eye gel in it just to keep him going until I get to the vets on Saturday. Does anyone know what's wrong, and what I can do with it? He's had his myxi too.

He is still his usually happy self, and pooing normally. I know he's pooing because when I cleaned the litter tray out he pooed where it usually it. He has a habit of doing that :lol:

Of course, if it gets worse in a short space of time I will be heading straight to the vets before Saturday comes.

My Opal has a poorly eye although its looking loads better. she has bacterial conjunctivitis. I wouldnt worry, go to the vets and theyll give u something for it

I would try to get him to the Vets before Saturday as if it is a bacterial infection your Vet needs to ensure it is not the result of a scratch on the cornea (A special dye is used to determine this).

I hope your Bun's sore eye will soon be better

Janex

Hi, I drove all the way to a Pets At Home to get an Eye Gel (only place open), it's a Beaphar make. I managed to put a blob on his eye, though I'm not sure it went in as he kept shutting his eye when I got near :roll:

Checked him as soon as I woke up, and his eye looks loads better! The fur is still a little damp around the eye, though no where near what it was, and the redness has gone and it doesn't look as sore now.

Going to keep a close eye (sorry, no pun intended!) on him today and see how he gets on.

Joey has got conjunctivitis :( The vet has prescribed me with some eye drops to use for a week, and then we're back again next Saturday.

He also gave me some Panacur paste for worms, I think just to be on the safe side. Giving that to them was not fun, I didn't want to prise their little mouths open to feed it to them though! Is there an easier way of giving it to them?

The main reason I went to the vets was to get Leila vaccinated for VHD, but they haven't got any left :? Weird. I'm not too bothered about going next week as I have to take Joey back anyway, but they knew I was coming...

Back