• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please! u/d they're back

Jonny

Warren Scout
Pippin and Jess are going in for their spay tomorrow.

Please send vibes!

Vet said to feed them breakfast as normal - why is this done for buns but not dogs or cats?

Also, how long should I expect before they recover, and is there anything I need to know about aftercare? In particular, since the girls have been fighting of late, how long should I keep them separate before attempting to re-bond?

Thanks

Jonny.

Awwww sending lots of vibes for Pippin and Jess. Not sure why you have to feed them before their ops, but you just do!.

Not been through a girlie op as yet but someone will be along soon to advise you.

Good luck for tomorrow :)

Sending vibes for the girlies :D I don't know what your vets like but you might want to send them with a small packed lunch too. If they have their fav veg or pellets it might help speed up their recovery after the op. I sent all mind with their fav foods. :D

I'm not expert but I think they have to eat as normal becuase they need to keep their get moving. And buns can't be sick like dogs and cats can. I'm sure someone with more knowledge will be long soon.

Vibes for Pippin and Jess :)

Yes, I agree with Suzanne - I think buns should not have food withheld before an op because it's so important to keep their gut moving.

Not sure about the re-bonding question, maybe someone else can advise.

Vibes for your girlies.

As said above, buns have no gag reflex so can't vomit.

Send them with their fave hay in a box for the vets to tempt them to eat when they wake up.

Nicola

Good luck girls

Be prepared for them to probably be sleepy and out of sorts tonight, when Pippa was spayed she only had a little drink and I couldn't tempt her to eat until the next day. I eventually got her eating with grated carrot and cucumber, then mixed pellets and hay it once she was eating that

On the otherhand, GemmaH's Honey didn't even notice she'd had an operation and was munching away as soon as she got home so you never know

UPDATE

I picked them up from the vets' at 5pm. Jess is fine, is a bit sleepy. But when I opened Pippin's box she immediately scampered out the cat-flap to her pen and down her burrow. The pen is very secure, but I really wanted to keep her inside for a while so I could keep an eye on her. Problem is, the burrow is fairly deep, and the only way I can reach her is by digging away at the entrance and then reaching down to grab her, which is bound to upset her even more on such a traumatic day.

Should I leave her alone in the burrow overnight or try to get her out? :?

Thanks everyone for your advice thus far,

Jonny.

Glad their both ok :D

Has Pippin come out yet? Not too sure what to do if she hasn't. I think I would wait an see if she comes out on her own tonight then encourage inside the shed and block the exit. I don't think i would dig her out as I'd be worried it might frighten her. But then this is just y opinion and you know your own buns.

She's still down there - my poor girl! I threw her in a piece of carrot and heard some munching. I did dig her out in the dark once before and it totally terrified her. She cried out (which she never does) and weed all over me when I picked her up and it's not something I'd want to put her threw again after her op. Will see how she is in the morning. :)

oh dear, I think you're really supposed to keep them indoors after the op :?

Hope their recovery is good.

Back