• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One or Two Rabbit?

Liloupricou

Young Bun
Hi all,

We adopted Tiny a month ago now, he's quite shy but he seems to have settled in. He's on his own so far... but I'm scared that he's bored.

He's got the full run of the kitchen / dinner at day and night, when we are around and the weather is nice he can go in his little pen outside.
I will say we are with him an hour in the morning and in the evening from 7pm to 10:30/11pm.

I just want him to be happy is such a cut little one, he's part of the family now... our little soon :wink:

Do you think I should find him a girlfriend? Or he's happy so far?
(for the record he's been bought as a toy for some kids, and has been abandonned after a while)

Thanks

girlfriend :D
But make sure he's been neutered for at least 6 weeks before he's allowed anywhere near her :D

Definitely two, mine spend all day cuddled up together and once you've seen how happy a girlfriend can make him you won't regret it. Once he's neutered the best thing would be to go to a rescue and get them to help with bonding, so much easier and less stressful than doing it alone if you're not experienced

I've always had one big single semi house bun, but this time I have a pair, the difference is unbelievable and their true charachter really comes out. Previously my buns have got on really well with the cats but now I knows thats because they crave attention from another furry being. I still spend time with my buns but I dont feel guilty if I dont get home on time as I know they have each other to keep company. Definately get him a girlfriend! :)

Two :D I have noticed such a difference in Trip and Scarlett since they have been together! They love each other so much its lovely to watch them cuddling and grooming each other :D I cant wait for my other two to be living together

I have 2 bonded pairs and they are so lovely together..
My housebun Bertie has been bonded with Fizz around a month and the difference in him is amazing :D before Fizz came along he'd spend his days sleeping now they play together they are great friends.

id deff have to say 2. i became a bunny mummy of 2 last week and apart from abit of worry about bonding its been fab! harvey has been much friendly since i got him a wife. he actually sits and lets u stoke him when he used to run off before. its lovely to watch them play, groom and snuggle aswell

I would definitely recommend getting a second bun.

My first bun seemed very happy by herself and became strongly bonded to me. The downside to this was that she would try and dominate other members of the family. She would "chin" my husbands head when he was asleep and spray him with urine.

Since we adopted her a husbun from a shelter, Misty has been a model house bun. There has been no more distructive chewing on power cabels, clothing etc.

It is true love- the only down side is that I don't get as many bunny kisses now! She she to share the love around.
IMG_3149.jpg

Back