• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

allen & page

charl343

Warren Scout
Hi
does anyone know any websites to get allen & page pellets? I have been giving Paddy excel for about a month now and I am considering mixing in some higher fibre pellets into his diet but none of the pets stores local to me sell it.
Thanks
Charlotte

We get ours from a local horse feed stockist. Have you looked on the allen and page website? They list local suppliers and they can order it in for you.

On the subject of Allen and Page, can you get smaller sacks of it as I only have one bun and he goes through a 2kg bag of excel in about 3weeks to a month and 20kg would last ages!

Ozzy'sMummy said:
On the subject of Allen and Page, can you get smaller sacks of it as I only have one bun and he goes throught a 2kg bag of excel in about 3weeks to a month and 20kg would last ages!

whereabouts in Staffordshire are you, you share with me, I'm in Burton :wink:

Snap, well Branston ;)

Someone said that as the food is fresher than excel it has a shorter expiry date and it probably wouldn't be worth getting the 20kg sacks. Ozzy has trouble with his bowels occasionally too and so the extra fibre in A&P would help wouldn't it?

I'm so sorry i have invaded this thread!

Bunnymail does smaller packs of Allen and Page. www.bunnymail.co.uk i think.

They re-pack it from the large sack.
I'm considering getting A and P too - it is better for them isn't it? Which is best A and P or Oxbow Bunny Basic T?

So its not worth getting a large sack for just two buns then, if it does lose its freshness?

Sorry for jumping in too! 8)

Rabbers said:
Bunnymail does smaller packs of Allen and Page. www.bunnymail.co.uk i think.

They re-pack it from the large sack.
I'm considering getting A and P too - it is better for them isn't it? Which is best A and P or Oxbow Bunny Basic T?

So its not worth getting a large sack for just two buns then, if it does lose its freshness?

Sorry for jumping in too! 8)

I considered oxbow, but with 7 bunnies it would have cost me a fortune, its a bit higher fibre than A&P

hehe could be a lil money earner, buy a big big bag and sell it to people on here who have a small number of bunnies!! just kidding................but if anyone does decided to let me know haha

OK, just for fun worked out that at the feeding amount recommended (50g per bunny per day) my lot will get through 128 kg per year :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Woah! Thats a lot of food!

Ozzy gets an iams cat measuring cup (i got it free through the post) of Excel a day which i think is about 50-60g.

Ozzy'sMummy said:
Woah! Thats a lot of food!

Ozzy gets an iams cat measuring cup (i got it free through the post) of Excel a day which i think is about 50-60g.

Were did you get that from - I have been looking on all kinds of websites to get one so I know I am giving paddy the correct amount of food per day!!

Charlotte

mine don't get 50g each - we're trying to get them to eat more hay. So a large sack would last for ever with them. ANd i would be afraid it'd lose its frshness then.

Someone must have ordered a repacked allen and page from bunnymail?

I have had a look at prices for smaller repackaged lots of allen and pag and I think the prices are really high £6ish for 1 kg of food!! If people want me to I have a huge sack for my bunnies So I could send out some food including packaging which both togther would weigh 1kg (packaging doesnt way that much) for £2.60 I know that is still quite a lot but royalmail charge so much these days for sending stuff, I wouldn't do it to make money just to help some of you out.

smokiemisty said:
I have had a look at prices for smaller repackaged lots of allen and pag and I think the prices are really high £6ish for 1 kg of food!! If people want me to I have a huge sack for my bunnies So I could send out some food including packaging which both togther would weigh 1kg (packaging doesnt way that much) for £2.60 I know that is still quite a lot but royalmail charge so much these days for sending stuff, I wouldn't do it to make money just to help some of you out.

If your happy and willing....................I'd be very very grateful!!!

Back