• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

help with a compromise

I think I would go for a fair sized shed 8 x 5ish and have a nice roomy run attached (or seperate if not enough room) then the wife doesn't have to be involved with them and they get plenty of access to a space to play. I don't think it would be fair to keep them in an indoor hutch all day. It would have to be at least 6 foot long and even then I feel it too small to be kept in for 8 plus hours a day :?
Just my opinion though!

Do you have a spare room or office? House rabbits don't have to have access too the whole house. A stairgate is a good way to seperate them off. Another option would be a small hutch/pen with a catflap to a run outside. That way you can have both.

Have you tried discussing exactly what her concerns are e.g. smell, hair, damagee etc. that might help solve them. Also try involving her in the choice of bun. Cute fluffy faces have converted more than one no animal lover :)

thank you. house to small for a spare room. wife lived with me and my house rabbits for ten years with on problem. she is mostly concerned with them nibbling things in the new house. another possable problem is that we now live next to a feild and we have a kestral visit the garden on a daily basis. i am begining to thing i will give up keeping rabbits and just carry on helping out at the local rescue a bit more. :x :shock: :?

fozzybear said:
i am begining to thing i will give up keeping rabbits and just carry on helping out at the local rescue a bit more. :x :shock: :?

Now that would be a great shame, as you know you do such a great job with the buns you've had in your care in the past. But if you feel that's the case then your welcome to help us out. :D

thanks tracy. i have not given up yet, and i am still working with the wife on a compromise. my life is empty with out my rabbits. prehaps i should trade in the wife and have rabbits instead ha ha. :lol: 8)

Back