• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a Bit of Support Please-U/D 1630hrs

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
I went to do my regular nosey around a P@H this morning. Whilst the conditions the Rabbits are kept in have vastly improved and Piggies are seperate from Bunnies I was very concerned about one Bun. Most of the babies are Rexes, bred by a girl who works in the store. I think some must be Mini Rexes as they are teeny. Well, one of the very small ones, a Black Otter Doe was just 'not right'. Very quiet, hiding away, not interacting with any of the other Buns. I stood and observed for a good 20 mins and the Bun I am concerned about did not move and just looked poorly.
So I approached a member of staff and expressed my concerns. To be fare he was a very polite young chap and handled the Bun very gently. He took her out to the store manager who apparently said the Bun is perfectly healthy. I asked if I could hold her and when I did it was obvious she had a gassy tum. But they insisted there was nothing wrong. I said again how quiet she is and how she is not behaving like a well Bunny. But I was just told that she obviously had a 'quiet personality'. So after a long cuddle I had to hand her back :cry: :cry:
OMG I so wanted to buy her but I know that I have no room as I have a Bun arriving today already.
I guess the reason I am posting this is because I feel so bad about leaving her there and can only hope that she will be OK. All the other babies looked fit and well and were having lots of fun. But this one little Black Otter looked so sad...... :cry: :cry:

I guess I am my own worst enemy for going in there in the first place :oops:

Janex

Oh Jane ... God I know how hard it is :cry: I'm afraid Im no good at all because I would've bought her and squashed her in somewhere :oops: Is Christabel back from her hols? I think I'd be tempted to buy the little one and get her to a vet and then send the bills to p@h :? ... I guess it doesnt sound like they were too awful, as to be honest if you didnt know your buns, then you wouldnt really know she had a poorly tum (Which of course leads to the fact that they shouldnt be working there if they dont know their stuff, but they are so thats that!). I know loads of people on here dont agree with buying from them, but although I wouldnt buy any bun from there if there wasnt good reason, if it was between life and death i think I would have to. Hugs Xx

Poor little girl :cry: Its so frustrating that just because people work in a pet shop they think they know better :x

Could you ring the council? :?

Go back every day and keep asking about her - if you annoy them enough they may get her checked out just to keep you quiet.
Do they have a vets in store?

awww jane its so hard to walk away and leave them .... :( :cry:

we all have our limits and we cant save them all :cry: i do hope shes ok

I hate that, makes me so angry and upset.
I would buy her,make room! get her treated and send them the bill..

I have done it before, I know it makes them get more in, but the buns have been ill and desperate for a vet (I had one with a huge abscess (sp) on his tummy, the shop owner said it was just a scratch and he would be fine :twisted: )

Flo said:
I had one with a huge abscess (sp) on his tummy, the shop owner said it was just a scratch and he would be fine :twisted:

Oh My :shock: Poor Bun!!! :( Its now where the saying comes in ... You cant save the world, but you can save one bunnies world. Is there no chance of getting her and then rehoming her jane? Xx

I have complained so so so many times about the state of their buns. The cages smell too, almost like cat wee.

Poor bun :(

Maybe you could try to convince them again (try a different time of day, so you can voice your concerns to someone new?)

I cant get back over there until tomorrow as I have lots to do for the Buns I already have. I will maybe phone later and see if I can speak with the first chap I alerted as he seemed quite a decent bloke and was very gentle with Baby Bun. He was only able to do what the manager said which was to tell me the Bun was healthy.

Janex

I'd go over them and email headoffice. Explina how much experience you have with buns, obv explain they were polite etc, but say you are pretty confident that you know what was wrong.

What an awful predicament, I think my heart would win over my head in this case and I'd take the bunny home and rehome if necessary. It goes against all I've said before but I'd get her treated and send them the bill, the only way to stop shops selling bunnies is to hit em where it hurts, in the pocket! One dead bunny is far cheaper to them than a bunny treated at the vets. Hope little bunny is ok. :(

Back