• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rung Rabbit

CottonMather

Warren Veteran
Got my new bun yesterday, only to find he has a metal ring on his leg (I'm assuming BRC) - should I get it removed (as I have no interest in breeding/showing him), or does it have any benefit, such as identification, as it's already there???
I don't like the idea of it constricting his leg or getting caught, and was going to have it removed when he goes in to be neutered... just wanted to check with everyone, incase I'm missing something :D
Oh, and don't worry - piccies soon!!! :lol:

My Harry arrived with one too,so when I took him to the vets for his health check I mentioned it to them and they said they can remove it but he has to have a GA as they burn it of. :shock: So he has to keep it for now.

We have then removed at neuter..wish I'd kept the one from Biggles ..would be interesting to know if your bun is related :?

honeybunny said:
We have then removed at neuter..wish I'd kept the one from Biggles ..would be interesting to know if your bun is related :?

Jill - I still have the breeder's details somewhere at home - cos they contacted me, when vet removed ring :D

:shock: " remove it under GA..burn it off." omg whos your vet!
the old vets i was with when i got kibbles she had one and we never knew til we saw it flash int he sun a few days later the pet shop said oh yeah we forgot.
the vet said she neended a GA as the use a hcksaw to remove it!!
i got mad and demanded to speak tothe r eceptionist a week or so later as it was making her leg a bit sore..she said to come in..the nurse would cut it of with special scissors and theyd only charge me a fiver!
which they did!
when we got oscar the lady cut ift off him while we got the carrier ready!
btw when i rang the brc to complain about kibbles breder breeding faulty genetically mishapen stock..i read out waht was onherring..they said no such number existed! so maybe the breeder had been booted out they said for doing just that..no wonder she was supplying all the pet shops in the area! :evil:

I've not managed to look at the details on his ring yet, but I know he was born May '06...
I'll ring the vets today and ask how they can remove it...
I'm off to take some piccies of him now! :D

Jill - I still have the breeder's details somewhere at home - cos they contacted me, when vet removed ring :D[/quote]

would be interesting to know if they are related as strange 3 Sallenders appearing about the same time :?

Carol X said:
My Harry arrived with one too,so when I took him to the vets for his health check I mentioned it to them and they said they can remove it but he has to have a GA as they burn it of. :shock: So he has to keep it for now.

:shock: :shock: :shock:

I think you should ask a different vet to remove it :wink: I took Scarlett straight to the vet when I noticed hers and it was taken off in about 2 minutes while she was awake

If I remember rightly, its just a metal ring with a code on it, a bit like you put on racing pigeons, only bigger and worse to remove! :evil:

Doncat5 said:
If I remember rightly, its just a metal ring with a code on it, a bit like you put on racing pigeons, only bigger and worse to remove! :evil:

Yep thats what it is :D Its a breeder ring

Doncat5 said:

Thanks now i know!!

Back