• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

babies???

mrmacca

New Kit
hi all ,
new to the forum and need some advice , have 2 rabbits in a large run in the garden , about 3 weeks ago the female dug a burrow took straw down and visits it now and again , my pet cat went near the burrow and the female rabbit ran straight over and butted the cat , usually the cat and the rabbits get on , has she had babies , how can i tell , or do i just have to wait and see if any pop out the burrow.
thanks
dave :D

How come he's living with a female if he's not neutered?

If he's still living with her you need to remove him NOW, chances are she's pregnant again.

He needs to kept completely separate from her until at least 4/6 weeks after he's been neutered

Are the babies with mom, like does she live in the burrow? Or do u shut her in a run at night?
If cats can get to the burrow its likely foxes will too, they wont last long.

You'll need to check the burrow. She may be having a false pregnancy and has convinced herself she is pregnant, but either way you need to check and you need to get the male out as if she has had babies and they are still together, she could be pregnant again.

Back