• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Rescue in NORTHANTS or closer?

mumofthumps

Alpha Buck
Does any1 know of rescues in the northamptonshire area or close ish that w emay be able to give a forever home to a female doe? Unfortunately for unexplainable reasons on a public website we are no longer going to adopt Pie, so any help thank you :)

theres these two
NANNA's (Northamptonshire Animals Needing Nurturing &
145 Addington Road, Irthlingborough
Tel: 01933 650372 /

Rabbit Rescue
Ashton, Northamptonshire, NN7 2JR
Tel: 01604 863175

I tried adopting from Nanna's before and they wouldnt rehome to be a house rabbit but could still be worth asking i guess :wink:

How far would you be able to travel?? Cheryl at Norwich has some cuties and theres some rescues near Cambridge and Milton Keynes area too

If you go on rabbit rehome web site, then click on the list of rescues.There are two rescues listed under northamptonshire.
Good Luck

I know the lady at Ashton Rabbit Rescue, it's near Jct. 15 of the M1, if you call her during the day to explain, I'm sure she'll be able to help. I know she homechecks potential adopters too. I know the Irthlingborough one is closer to you though, and I know someone who has had to give rabbits to them before too. I'm sure if you call to explain, it will be OK. Most may expect - or be grateful for - a donation towards their costs. And if you have to re0home to them, they are unlikely to let you adopt from them in future.

have you considered honeybunnys. im from northants and jill is the only one i felt comfortable adopting a rabbit from to be honest as i know the care and attention she gives all her buns. (took us just under an hour to get there from corby)
nanas dont spey females and nor do they homecheck
ive never heard of the other ones
i cant remember who i contacted b4 i got harvey but they didnt seem bothered atall what type of home the animal went to! and were also advertising for friends on RU!A bun she advertised was from a litter of a friend and not actual a resuce bun atall.

EDIT
just wanted to edit this cas i read it back and it may have come across abit ermm rude! i just meant only jill cas shes closer to me than any other rescues from here. i would have been totally happy adopting from anyother rescue from this site, if it was near to me. just meant on here you see how well people care for the rabbits and with shelters and places run by people not on here you dont get an ''inside'' look and know how much people love their rescue buns.

I got my two from the Ashton Rabbit Rescue and I know several other people who got their bunnies (and other small pets)from there.

I think that the woman who runs it is amazing and she is the only person I would trust my buns with (apart from me, of course).

I have a donate directly to them every month, so perhaps you could do this to help pay for Pie's upkeep until she finds a home?

thanks for the compliment Bumble :D we do have does here and more due in next week..if you can travel there is also Tracy in Rugby, not too far for you

Thank you every1 a friend warned me against NANNA'S plus she would be an indoor bunny , can travel pretty much any where. How can I contact Tracey at Rugby? Honeybunny I would really like some more info on those does? Also will have to sort out a home check :)

Back