• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

dust free hay (again)

cheekytikki

Wise Old Thumper
how long roughly does a bale last? (and for how many buns)

trying to decide whether to order a selection form THE or a bale from dust free hay hmmmm decisions decisions!

I was using a bale a week with the 13, now it can last us 2 weeks with just 8 and 3 pigs :(

ok thanks :D it shoul last my 2 a little while then (didnt want to order one bag and find it only lasted 2 days or something)

Bunnybasics said:
each bag if 2kg in size

thanks :D well my buns can eat 1kg in about 2 days if they feel like it (they are big piggies :lol: ) i still quite like the idea of ordering a few different types of hay from either THE or bunnybasics and mixing them in the bin hmmmm best decide soon or will have to go to sainsburys again :lol:

EDIt: whilst im here can i ask if the ruffstuff from bunnybasics is ok to feed unlimited or is it more of an 'extra'? (would i be able to mix it in with other types of hay and feed the mix unlimited?)

I wasnt impressed with the dust free hay. I ordered a bag last week as I am still looking from something my dental bunnies will eat. The service was really good and it arrived quickly but I didnt think the quality of hay was worth the money. It wasnt green atall and didnt smell sweet like I expected it would. My bales of meadow hay I have at the moment are far better quality than that :?

Will they not eat oat hay Cheryl? I have a little dental bun here at the moment who won't touch thin stuff but goes mad for the chunkier oxbox oat hay. Only problem is it costs a fortune, but less than regular dentals I guess!!

My two non-dental buns go mad for oat hay too! its the only hay they will actually eat by the bucket load.

Sorry thread hi-jack :oops: Hello Rabbers, been meaning to ask,what did you think of the feed barn?? Did they have the oat hay??
Julia

Hi!! (will continue this hi-jack!!)

It was great! I got some readigrass (never found that before), keep it clean spray (i swear that was cheaper than in the shops), straw, and some more SS.
I also looked at the large bags of Allen and Page and am considering buying that next time. :) Its so cheap!!!

They didn't have the oat hay - just the western timothy, so have now ordered that online.

I've never been to an equestrian supplies place before and it was interesting having a look around!
Thanks for letting us know about it - I'll definitley go back!

AlisonA said:
Will they not eat oat hay Cheryl? I have a little dental bun here at the moment who won't touch thin stuff but goes mad for the chunkier oxbox oat hay. Only problem is it costs a fortune, but less than regular dentals I guess!!

No, I have tried just about every hay available including oat hay and they just wont touch it. Its only 2 rabbits that wont eat it but they have really bad dental problems and I dont think they can physicly manage it to be honest. Billy is missing a lot of his molars and Heather has infected roots and the teeth are soft :roll:

Back