• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how to tell if a male bunny has been neauterd?

cavysrock

Wise Old Thumper
I think Basil might already be neautered as he never sprays even though his hutch is next to Holly's run, he isn't aggressive and infact pays no attention to Holly, also he looks differant "down there" to my other male rabbit (may he rest in peace).
how can you tell?

i expect he wont have testicles when you feel down there. either hes been neutered or if you cant feel them they could be retained (harveys didnt drop for awhile) your vet should deff be able to clear that question up for you.

they should of dropped seems he is two years old, i'll have a look and get double checked by tyhe vets, it would be fab if he is but i won't put them together or snything until i knoe for sure :)

and can you just look and seethem or not, if not someone's gonna have to hold him whilst i look, he isn't to happy about people fiddling about in that area :lol:

winegums2007 said:
I thought rescues neutered anyway? and surely they would of told you if he was or not?
she is more of a bunny boarder but is a small rescue, she wouldn't know if he was done before she got him :)

You should be able to see quite definate testicles...either that or he might be a she :shock: I'd get him looked at and sexed by your vet.

Regarding the spraying, that doesnt necessarily mean anything...Rowan never sprayed prior to neutering.

i just had a look and it looks really weird :shock: its all "baggy" round that area like he has loads of skin hanging down :?

Angie65 said:
Could you like, ring & ask them?

Your vet can tell anyway :wink:

ring the rescue centre? if yes then no i can't i'll hve to wait for an e-mail reply but i told her i was getting him enautered and she didn't say anything.

If he has baggy bags (sorry! :oops: ) he may be retaining his testicles when you examine him...best to get your vet to check

If he has quite a lot of baggy skin down there I would definately go to the Vets and get it checked.

Ozzy is very baggy :oops: down there and he's not done, if they are done don't the bags shrink?

XxX

thumper had definate "rounded" its b4 the neutire and now they look like empty sacs - sorry :oops: wrinkly - sorry again :oops: id definately get it checked by a vet!

mumofthumps said:
thumper had definate "rounded" its b4 the neutire and now they look like empty sacs - sorry :oops: wrinkly - sorry again :oops: id definately get it checked by a vet!

that's what basil sounds like :?

Better to be safe than sorry, what day are they booked in for? You can get him checked then. :wink:

Lucky's all gone, nothing to see :D

In fact without me their no one can tell him and his sister apart (They're identical) :roll:

cavysrock said:
mumofthumps said:

that's what basil sounds like :?

I think they can sometimes look like that pre neuter too if the plums themselves aren't too big! :oops: :lol:

Back