• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

'Celebrity' Rabbit Breeder Lends Rabbits For Easter Display

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
IS THAT THE EASTER BUNNY? …OR JUST AN EARLY SPRING?

Either way, it’s heading for Wookey Hole Caves and a fabulous Easter celebration packed with family fun and loads of excitement and entertainment for kids of all ages. Without a doubt, Wookey Hole is now THE entertainment venue of the entire South West of England, if not Planet Earth itself.

Among the special attractions during our Easter season will be a free Easter gift for every child, and the chance for them to meet some very cute and cuddly little friends – baby lambs, no less, born just a few days previously and visiting Wookey Hole for the first time (with their mothers, naturally).

Then there’s the Charlie the Clown Show, a tribute to the wonderful circus heritage of Wookey Hole’s Esteemed Proprietor (praise Him, praise Him) and a roaring riot of hilarious slapstick. Children and parents will howl with laughter at Charlie’s professional clowning, an all too rare spectacle in these days of X-Boxes, X-Factors, Playstations and Flatscreen Plasma-Megadrive Pods (whatever they are).

Next up, in typical Wookey Hole style, we’ve Amy and Jack’s wedding – yes – Get spliced at Wookey Hole Caves and start your married life 200 foot underground! No…this is about GIANT EASTER BUNNIES: huge furry, wriggly nosed hop-alongs, with ears so long they trip over them. Celebrity rabbit breeder Annette Edwards is lending two of her magnificent beasts to help us celebrate Easter and share their warmth and humour with all our visitors. Who could possibly resist an Easter Bunny nearly 4 foot long and weighing in at just under 3 stone? We just hope we’ve got enough food in!

Easter celebrations at Wookey Hole run from Saturday March 31st right through to Sunday April 15th inclusive, and we’ll be inviting all sorts of extra guests and holding family competitions like the Easter Bunny hunt where every child will win a prize!

Copied from this site http://www.wookey.co.uk/easter07.htm

I wonder if any Big Bun Welfare messages will be passed on :?

Janex

I despise that woman, I'm sorry, she might be nice as pie, but I read a story about her yesterday and how her rabbits have gotten her into glamour modelling! A rabbit wedding? What a waste of time. Rabbits are notoriously bad travellers so if she genuinely loved them, she wouldn't be carting them all over the country!

This is the woman who was on GMTV a few weeks ago I think. I was so outraged that I posted a thread about it on here

Fiona x

its not really about this woman, but i went to pets at home on saturday for a new filter for the fish tank

there was a giant lop (i'd say nearly as big as my lola who is over a stone) in a pen at the front of the store. she actually belonged to a member of staff who had brought her along for advertising purposes to try and get more donations for pets at home charitable foundation

the sad thing is that everyone was cooing over her and all the kids were saying "can we have one like that mum" but guess what? absolutely no advice about the needs of giant rabbits.

it really annoys me that they didnt think this through at all - they had a perfect chance to demonstrate how much care giant breeds need but they didnt bother at all. the rabbit was well cared for and i'm sure she has a loving home, but to be honest the pen wasnt really big enough for even one day and she was getting bothered all day by people wanting to stroke her :(

Can someone define "Celebrity rabbit breeder" for me :roll: Talk about anyone can be a celeb these days... I think I'll call myself a "celebrity check-in Supervisor" :roll: :lol: well you may have seen a strand of my hair in the background on one of the Airport programmes :lol:

Just did a google search seeing as though I've never heard of this "celebrity". :lol:

See http://news.bbc.co.uk/cbbcnews/hi/animals/newsid_3899000/3899977.stm

I was impressed to read that the Guinness Book of Records no longer recognises "world's biggest animals" for fear of pet owners over-feeding their pets! :D

I wasn't impressed to read about Roberto's diet - only 2 handfuls of hay a day for a bunny that size! :shock: My buns eat that much hay every day each!!!

And what's the deal with the yoghurt drops? :shock:

:shock: not to mention the 6 carrots for breakfast!

two handfuls of hay..my baby frenchie hasat least 3 times that during the day..never min d her overnite hay!

tut tut..was this the same bunny wedding that tokk place last year..the buns i mean?

is so sad cos after the walalce and gromit movie all the kids got big buns and their parents didnt even know what to do with a normal bunny!
i have Bif my rescue splodge whos losing weight slowly after scoffing donw ss for a year and getting huge! and my big old boy bertie my frenchie and new baby frenche..they do need pretty much the same as little buns but on a bigger scale1 And then they do have special big bun needs..thats frenchies who bertie is at 7kg..the baby at 2.57kg and bif at 2.75kg.Having a giant is another kettle of fish altogehter!

That's deifnately too much veg, I don't give my giants half that and they love their hay, filling them on veg is just going to stop them eating grass etc.

Oh yeah and what is that about conti's living 12 years????? All breeders I've spoken to say five max as their big size causes health problems. Like in Great Danes.

6 carrots and a cabbage!!!! :shock: Too much sugary veg from the carrots, and far too much gas and calcium! Stupid woman....and how much pellets is that! I am surprised that rabbit isn't a lot fatter! Oh I am so cross!!! :evil:

My giants are on up to two bowls of pellets a day (that's dog bowls) and the vet says my doe is slightly skinny (I think it's due to the stupid amount of exercise she gets!) but there isn't a need for all the veg, you're just asking for trouble with that

Back